False hope? Has anyone experienced something like my situation?

jtbdh4

I was in a relationship a woman who I had so much in common with. We both are same age, have careers, and are single parents of a toddler girl. We got along great, both said we were in love with each other, her daughter took well to me, talked of the future, etc. She suddenly spoke of a few issues though:

1. Her recent decision to leave the masters program she was in and where her career was going.

2. Supporting her daughter.

3. I was the first relationship she had after being a mom.

I understood all these things because I myself have been through them. She broke things off with me because in her words, "she has a lot of things to figure out and needs to be single while doing so". I told her I was always here if she wanted to reconnect and she thanked me for "how i treated her and made her feel". I don't really know how to interpret this though. Obviously since I met her on a dating site, I'm sure she will be back on there. The last text I sent her just said that I would leave her alone and give her space, but was always there. That was a week ago.

Obviously I'm pretty bummed out, I really was in love with her and could see myself being with her long term, but I've been down this path before. I think what really makes me wonder is the reasons for her doing this and making me wonder if because of the situation, if reconnecting in the future would be possible...or if I just have false hope? Could it have just been so new to her that she didn't know what do? Usually it is pretty clear when someone has broken up with me, but this one was pretty different from the rest.

when she said time and space, i think she meant more than a week. i am leaning towards false hope. i doubt she will return.

typically, when a guy is too good to be true, she's not gonna let him go. whatever issues she needs to work thru, why does she need to do it alone especially if she's thinking of long term possibility with you? if you were someone she considered to be with for the long haul, it's important to go thru life's issues together. but she's cut you out of that. i don't think u should've told her that u'll be waiting. now she knows that u r her back up. i would recommend u move on.

Archived