Almost fainting, anyone feel like this before after tripping on steps?

This afternoon I was going somewhere for my lunch and I tripped on a step and fell down hard (almost splitting my lip). I did bruise my wrist and my knee. A bunch of people helped me up and asked if I was ok. I said I was fine and then got into my car. While I was driving, I started to feel very faint to the point of seeing blackness and feeling numb. I pulled over into a parking lot and let it pass (took about 10 minutes to pass), then went on my way. Has anybody ever almost fainted after falling. The fainting spell freaked me out to the point I was ready to call 911, since I thought I was gonna pass out in my car. I ended up taking the rest of the day off from work and going home. I took a nap but I still feel dizzy and out of sorts.

Should I be concerned? If it continues like this tomorrow, I will go to the doc to get it checked out. I do have borderline high cholesterol, but this is the first time this has happened to me after I fall down. I am clumsy and tend to trip a lot.

This afternoon I was going somewhere for my lunch and I tripped on a step and fell down hard (almost splitting my lip). I did bruise my wrist and my knee. While I was driving, I started to feel very faint to the point of seeing blackness and feeling numb..

So sorry to hear about your fall Ren (hugs). You clearly fell very heavily and I think you should see a doctor. The fact that you almost split your lip means you hit your head/face on the steps - hitting your head can cause dizziness/feeling faint/black outs - all reasons to see a doctor, imo. I hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Archived