Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

Things that annoy you about yourself :P

mfan

I feel guilt from things that were either not my fault or I could not have changed the outcome one way or another.

I do not feel any guilt for things that I probably should, like "oh I don't feel like going to x like I was supposed to... I'm just going to stay home and play video games and tell them I was sick".

I will second procrastination ParisPaulette. Procrastination makes life exciting sometimes. I think I developed a habit for it when schoolwork was a little too easy for me ("gifted" kid lol) because I knew I would be able to catch up and make the grade easily. It never hurts me bad enough to make me change my behavior, but it definitely gets annoying sometimes! Like on wednesday when I ended up having like 3 meetings and a dinner, and had to do my taxes really quick at 10:00 when I got home. I think I could have gotten a better refund... but only within a hundred bucks or so. Enough to go "gah, why did I wait so long?" but not enough to be like "man! next year FOR SURE I will start earlier!"

I am a selfish person. I find that I am incapable of doing things "for" other people, with no benefit to myself, and I do not expect others to do things solely for my benefit either. I have tried to behave selflessly, but it caused me so much anxiety and irritation that I stopped. I perform a cost-benefit analysis on pretty much everything I do throughout the day. Sometimes I feel there is a piece missing somewhere inside me that others have, which allows them to behave selflessly.

Which brings me to the second one: I have an OCD brain. Little things which are absurd to others drive me up the wall and I *have* to do something about them or I simply cannot stand it. I wish I could let stuff go sometimes. Inefficiency and lack of competence seem to annoy me so much more than other people I know. I have had to really work at talking myself out of letting stuff like that ruin an hour of my day. (OCD brain = rumination common.)

Also, I am super impatient.

Other than that, I'm simply a walk in the park!

I'm also ridiculously superstitious in that "Little kid who believes their mom will get hurt if they step on the cracks in the sidewalk kind of way." On a rational adult level I know this is stupid. I know that when bad things did indeed happen after a mirror was cracked or a black cat ran accross the road in front of me that they are simply random coincidences. That just as often those things happened and good things happened.

And it still didn't stop me from freaking out today when my son opened up an umbrella in the house. I acted like he's bought in a loaded gun and he looked at me like I had two heads when I told him it bothered me. I also step away from windows during lightning storms after my grandmother telling me that the lightning would find you if you'd been bad.

Gah, I am a 21st Century woman, not some cave person cowering in the dark. But still...

I'm not sure if I'm an uber perfectionist or if I'm just OCD (probably a combination of the two). But it sure is annoying as hell! Really wish I could be more easy-going with certain things...

I enjoy this about myself. I enjoy being organized and structured. But I also have to make sure I have enough self awareness to realize when I'm being too structured (such as realizing that there may be another way than my way to do things)

Im a people pleaser......even though I do my absolute best to deny it. I am working on it though. I have been doing better in realizing no matter how nice, sweet, or accommodating you are to some people....sometimes people are just natural born aholes...lol and it's their issue!!!!

I don't have a great sense of direction and it can get really annoying. I get turned around in my office at work and in the hallways near my office. I can't tell you left from right without holding up my fingers to see the left hand make the L so definitely don't ask me which way North is.

Lmao......omg this is sooooo me.

• 2 weeks later...

that i eat weird food combinations that make people look at me like i have a pair of antlers growing out of my head lol. i love eating peanut butter & mayo sammiches, i like dipping my hot crisp french fries in an ice cold chocolate shake, making myself butter and potato chip sammiches, pouring some milk in my can of pepsi and drinking it and dipping my pepperoni pizza slice in some ranch dressing (mmm). if i knew that people (that i know) also had weirdo food combos like i do, i wouldn't mind the strange stares that i get sometimes haha

Archived