he asked me out!

Ginger1

This is an RE: to my post in attraction and flirting where I gave my number to a guy at a store I frequent.

I just met up him, we got together this weekend w/ his daughter. Unfortunately I am traveling away for work for a few months in like 2 days....

we texted tonight. He was really cute in his texts telling me I was thoughful and sweet with a good heart.

And he's so great with his girl.

he told me that he'd decided, since he saw how happy his daughter with me, he'd like to take me out when I come back.

I can't believe it. So pleased he didnt dismiss me right away because of my very inconvenient work schedule!

That's awesome, Ginger!

I'm glad to hear that it pays off to take a shot on something you have a hunch about.

Also, I wouldn't be so surprised about his willingness to see you again. It sounds like your first date went well (and if his daughter likes you, all the better) and most people will be understanding about crazy work schedules. In fact, he may have one of his own, you don't know yet. I'm really happy for you and hope things continue to go well

OK I thought I would provide a little update. I'm reeeaaally trying not to get too ahead of myself on this one. But I think this guy and I have a lot going for us! We've texted about two or three times since I met up with him the other weekend. And it's INSANELY hard because I think we both want to see each other again in person but I'm away for another couple weeks before I'm back for a visit.

He's been cute and funny and very complimentary during out text convo's. Telling me the stuff he likes about me (which is normally the things that guys DONT like about me!) Such as me being independent, work hard, do things myself etc. etc. We talked about doing some things at my place together.

I think we both don't want to text too much, and definitely want to wait until we're in person again to ask each other some more important questions

Anyway, just wanted to share how my story of being brave and giving my # to a guy is panning out! Thankfully my job just started up so I will be preoccupied with that and maybe the weeks in between me going home will fly by

That's great that he wants to spend more time with you. I would not see the texts at all as any indication as to how you two will interact in person on any level, much less on a romantic level. You have a tentative date planned for when you are back in town so until then so that you keep your feet on the ground even if your head is in the clouds a bit, keep the texting to a minimum so that you don't get too attached or start making assumptions about the future. (You also don't want to unintentionally give him the impression that you see this as more than a second date with someone you're just getting to know -that might be a bit overwhelming to him).

I think it's definitely a positive that your giving him your number has now resulted in a second date with him. I had dates with men I asked out too. They were fun and I don't regret asking the men out or having the dates.

Archived