K's Dating Journal

Food for thought: I wonder when I will be able to notice myself crossing into that "contentment with myself despite acknowledging that I want to date someone long term eventually", coming from "getting into relationships too soon because I need to put a value to my worth".

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is different for everyone. But, no matter when it happens, here is how it will go. You will love your autonomy and free time so much any man will feel like an intrusion on your precious free time and fun, fulfilling life. In short, you won't have either the time nor the inclination to date. It will take a very special, very together person who wants you very much to catch both your eye and your attention. This relationship will be both healthy and respectful. It will be based on both of you falling in love with a person they respect and treat well. It will be worth the wait.

Very true. I had actually just come back from sailing the coast of Scotland when my boyfriend asked me out for the first time. And one of the reasons he later told me was because I seemed to enjoy my life so much and he wanted to be a part of it.

When is different for everyone. But, no matter when it happens, here is how it will go. You will love your autonomy and free time so much any man will feel like an intrusion on your precious free time and fun, fulfilling life. In short, you won't have either the time nor the inclination to date. It will take a very special, very together person who wants you very much to catch both your eye and your attention. This relationship will be both healthy and respectful. It will be based on both of you falling in love with a person they respect and treat well. It will be worth the wait.

Yep. This is exactly how it happened for me!

I have a confession to make.

Today, when I got into work, I felt good. As the morning progressed, all of a sudden..... I felt myself getting more and more "in the mood"!! By lunchtime I was practically squirming in my chair at work. I actually went home for lunch to take care of myself. I've never done that before.

Is this becoming a problem? I feel constantly on edge and revved up. The only solution I have to just take care of myself, or have sex. But since I don't do that unless I'm in a relationship, that option is out.

Sigh. Of all the problems to have.

I love this confession. I do. Women don't talk about this enough. You've been taking good care of ypurself. It happens.

Food for thought: I wonder when I will be able to notice myself crossing into that "contentment with myself despite acknowledging that I want to date someone long term eventually", coming from "getting into relationships too soon because I need to put a value to my worth".

It is happening to me now. I am not sure what are the universal elements of my path, but I feel like there must be some parts of how I got here that are similar to others' experiences.

Very true. I had actually just come back from sailing the coast of Scotland when my boyfriend asked me out for the first time. And one of the reasons he later told me was because I seemed to enjoy my life so much and he wanted to be a part of it.

This part of your history gives me joy.

I'm sickened by what I read on a rape thread earlier this morning. A member actually told the OP that her being raped was, in some ways, her fault. Based on everything she listed in her initial post, she said no and he did it anyway.

I can't believe this member would tell a victim that it was her fault that she was raped.

I put this member on my ignore list. I'm so angry.

Good for you. I probably would have flamed the idiot.

I stayed up late playing video games and drinking wine with friends online. Then I had to get up to take my mom to get her brake pads checked. Sigh. Wasn't a good plan to overindulge. But I had such fun! So it's dragging this morning.

Today I tried on jeans in a size smaller than normal (and the size I've work for years). I grabbed about 8 pairs because you know they all fit differently.

Every pair fit. Every pair.

I almost cried with joy. It was a pivotal moment for me.

Today I tried on jeans in a size smaller than normal (and the size I've work for years). I grabbed about 8 pairs because you know they all fit differently.

Congrats! Happy for you!

Yeah, they have been going well.

I feel pretty good mostly. I'm motivated to continue on my path of self love and being physical healthy. Over the weekend I bought a blended thing to make protein shakes.

I haven't made a dating profile, nor have I been approached in person by anyone for a date. I've been concentrating on putting myself out there to make friends and that's it. I went out on Sunday on a friend date with a female friend. She reached out to me after my mother and I spent Super Bowl Sunday with her and her two daughters. We had a really nice day. We talked a lot about mental diseases, like mine. She suffers from ADD and has had problems with postpartum depression after having her two kids. It was nice to be able to get another perspective from someone IRL.

Life is good right now. I've started thinking about the trip I had wanted to take last year to PA. I think I'd like to plan it again.

I'm pretty upset. My boss came to me and told me they are temporarily changing it around so that I work half the day at my old position and the other half at my new one. The girls dropped a lot of calls yesterday since I wasn't there and so until they find a replacement for me, I'll have to help out. I get why they have to do that, but the girl whose position I took put in her moving notice THREE MONTHS AGO. They should not have waited so long to hire me to replace her. Now I have to deal with the consequences of that. And since I'm covering lunches here, too, I actually will only be spending 3 hours a day at my new position. Hopefully I won't forget everything I learned yesterday.

Yay for the small yet big joys in life!

Just not feeling it today.

I'm not feeling all that well (feels like I have indigestion or something), and mentally I'm feeling a bit low today.

I went to the gym last night for the first time in a week. (Had a really busy week last week and couldn't go except Monday.) I was really expecting to feel like... "Oh man, this is such a drag, I don't want to be here".... but I felt really good and excited about going. And I woke up this morning thinking the same thing. I've finally broke that habit of hating the gym and am now looking forward to it. I'm in utter shock over that, because it's been quite the journey to get to this point in my head and with my body. I really hope how I'm feeling (and looking) will start showing on the outside soon... I could really use some affirmations.

Just not feeling it today.

I'm not feeling all that well (feels like I have indigestion or something), and mentally I'm feeling a bit low today.

I went to the gym last night for the first time in a week. (Had a really busy week last week and couldn't go except Monday.) I was really expecting to feel like... "Oh man, this is such a drag, I don't want to be here".... but I felt really good and excited about going. And I woke up this morning thinking the same thing. I've finally broke that habit of hating the gym and am now looking forward to it. I'm in utter shock over that, because it's been quite the journey to get to this point in my head and with my body. I really hope how I'm feeling (and looking) will start showing on the outside soon... I could really use some affirmations.

My stomach has been sensitive for about a week now.

Great news on the gym! Keep it up!