Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

How can they get away with it?

midnightdeirdre

I recently found out about a company that can send gift pranks through the mail ~ even a box fecal matter. (The receipent can never find out who sent it, as it is done totally anonymously.) I can't say the name of the company on here, because that isn't allowed on this website.

My question is, how on Earth can the company get away with doing such a thing? Isn't there a law that prohibits such a disgusting and disrespectful business?

Thanks!

Ive heard of sending anonymous gift pranks and yes, some can be classless but they should be harmless. Are we talking ACTUAL fecal matter in a box? Not just fake stuff? That is disgusting and that should be illegal, it's a health hazard. What if someone opened that up and contracted E. coli and got themselves sick? That shouldn't be legal.

If I got a package like that, I'd go right back to the USPS and drop the box and contents off and say "I've received human bodily fluids in the mail. Here. You deal with this."

Kind of reminds me of a thing my sister found. There's a company that will send your enemies glitter.

What's wrong with that? I hear you say...

It comes in a package that spills the glitter as soon as you open it. And as you may know, once glitter enters your life, it never leaves. You'll be finding bits of it for years.

I'm totally debating sending glitter to someone. Best part? She wouldn't know it's from me because she's so miserable 60 people probably want to glitter her. I won't do it. But like thinking about it.

Kind of reminds me of a thing my sister found. There's a company that will send your enemies glitter.

It comes in a package that spills the glitter as soon as you open it. And as you may know, once glitter enters your life, it never leaves. You'll be finding bits of it for years.

I'm totally debating sending glitter to someone. Best part? She wouldn't know it's from me because she's so miserable 60 people probably want to glitter her. I won't do it. But like thinking about it.

Haha! I thought of it too. The guy who was running that site was overwhelmed with orders -- 2,000 in one day -- and he ended up shutting down the site and selling it to someone else for 85,000 USD. The guy who bought it says there are about 10,000 outstanding orders right now, and he plans to ship all of them. I have to admit, it's pretty clever. There is nothing so insidious as an envelope of glitter. I am still vacuuming and sweeping up glitter from Christmas -- from cards, wrapping paper, ribbon, etc. -- a month later!

As for the company sending fecal matter: Is it human waste being sent? If so, I think that would fall under the category of biohazardous material, and I don't think it wouuld be legal in the U.S. to send it through the U.S. Mail; however, if it were dog or cat feces, or cow or horse manure, that might be a different story.

You can't get e coli just by getting a box of poop in the mail! I'm not saying it's not gross, but the ecoli isn't going to march out of the box and attack you. You'd have to ingest some of it ... pretty hard to do if you're a normal person, open the box, go ew, get rid of it ASAP and wash your hands. There are about 20 things you do every day that are less hygienic.

^ Unless you're like me who gets a package, gets excited, opens quickly, and then I'd get poop on my hands, the floor, possibly my clothes, depending on how liquid it is. Then I'd have to spend time and money cleaning it all up and if I really made a mess and it was on my carpet, then it's very possible that I may not be able to clean it all and yes, I could eventually get e. coli.

We have people get sick all the time from fecal matter in the hospital I'm at, from people who are washing their hands and using gloves. Sending fecal matter can absolutely get someone sick. It should be illegal and anyone who does it should be charged with something.

I don't believe it will ever become illegal. Because it's sent through couriers and mail on a daily basis for medical research etc.

Where I live once you turn 50 the department of health send a National Bowel Cancer Screening package and necessary items to collect fecal matter and send back via post. You can't just make something like that illegal because it would bring on a major set of bigger problems, such laws simply don't get passed. Even if the postal services ban it, there will always be couriers willing to do the job. It's way more complicated than just making it illegal.

I don't believe it will ever become illegal. Because it's sent through couriers and mail on a daily basis for medical research etc.

Where I live once you turn 50 the department of health send a National Bowel Cancer Screening package and necessary items to collect fecal matter and send back via post. You can't just make something like that illegal because it would bring on a major set of bigger problems, such laws simply don't get passed. Even if the postal services ban it, there will always be couriers willing to do the job. It's way more complicated than just making it illegal.

If they don't exist already, there should be precautions in place for mail that contains bodily fluids. I cringe at the idea of stuff like that ending up in regular mail with no oversight as to how it's packaged. Ick. What if it leaked?

I definitely think it should be illegal and hopefully private carriers would keep their tracking records to track down possible offenders who abuse the system.

Really, it's a wonder that more people haven't been sickened with chemical agents through the mail. Seems like a good way to make a lot of people very sick. usps is a real joke too.

The company I am talking about here also does that. (I'm sure it's the same company your sister found.)

Ah ok...this makes sense.

Whether it's glitter of faecal matter, this company are basically encouraging bullying. It's bad enough that bullying is made worse by social media etc but the fact that there are companies like this that exist makes me feel really sad because that is what people will use it for.

Whether it's glitter of faecal matter, this company are basically encouraging bullying. It's bad enough that bullying is made worse by social media etc but the fact that there are companies like this that exist makes me feel really sad because that is what people will use it for.

I read it was thought up by a kid who was bullied really badly in school. Ahem, karma.

Archived