I'm over thinking this MIA lady

Coily

Let me start with I've missed ENA the last few crazy busy months.

First off this started with an online dating situation, so I'm aware of the catfish possibility.

A and I started using the messaging service, and after about a week and a half moved into texting, first flag I had was a non-local number, which later fit in with her tale. We pressed on, and I made the slip of asking her out with very short notice (as I was dressed with no place to go thanks to a now former friend being a jerk).

I apologised for going 0 to 60 on her, and was met with silence for a day, when she did follow up she asked if I wanted to talk on the phone. So for the next two weeks we chatted for about 40 minutes every other night, mix of who initiated calls. She decided that she did want to meet and I should text her the next day so we could plan a little; I follow up and silence, then make more definitive suggestion and even louder nothing.

In the conversations, I know I said "And that's why I'm liking you" to a topic or two that struck a cord; but I didn't think that was too strong for building into a first date.

So here is where I am now. No reply for that long I consider A a persona-non-Gratia, mostly for the lack of consideration/respect she gave to me. The problem I am facing is I kind of want to know what the heck happened (catfish, she got spooked, just not a considerate person). I know I should just let sleeping dogs lie, but I am also worried that there some ulterior motive (affair, burglary, etc).

At the end of the day, if no ill intent on her part, I do wish her well and maybe some wisdom as how not to treat people in future.

Did you two ever use video chat? Did you see photos of her? Did you do a reverse image search on google and see what comes up?

Catfish is a possibility, sure, but there are other issues that stop someone from meeting someone. Emotional issues, insecurities, the person is a cheater and flakes out, or maybe she's just a flake in general. Hard to say.

We didn't video chat, as I am not comfortable having some of my valuables seen by someone I don't know and draping sheets over them would look pretty creepy. haha.

I have seen her pictures and the reverse search yields a lot of unconnected pics; so lost on that creek.

I can honestly say I want to know what happened more than attempt to keep going with that flaky kind of person. The follow on is should I just leave well enough alone or ask what the heck happened?

Nope, leave well enough alone. I know the mystery is perplexing but give it a couple more weeks and you will NOT care. Similar things have happened to me... either with people I met or didn't meet and yeah, it sucks and I do think about it for a little bit of time... but eventually I just stop caring. She got your last 2 text messages, leave it at that.

I know many people who are hesitant about online dating. Chatting for 2 weeks on the phone is beyond hesitant. She's probably not serious about online dating. I know several people who don't meet anyone online, but still do it as a way to not miss any opportunities... not realizing they are missing opportunities by simply NOT meeting someone in person. These people are either still single or are in weird pseudo-relationships that aren't going anywhere.

Let it go. If she's serious, she'll contact you sometime this week with a reason, an apology and a firm plan to meet you in person. If she doesn't, you have your answer. She's too hesitant and shy about this online dating and isn't someone you will likely meet... and if you even met her it's likely she would flake on the date or be worried you were some crazy person for several dates or more.

Archived