Am I right to feel let down?

Qwerty72

My boyfriend of 3 months was supposed to be here at mine in an hour and half so he could come and get some sleep before he meets my parents for the first time tomorrow. He's just called me to say he's not noticed he time and had too much to drink ( he's been out with his friends in the next city since 1pm for a catch up and he intended on driving to mine and not drinking) I've told him that he's let me down and he knows I'm mad and we finished the call half and hour ago and he's still not even sent a sorry text or anything. Am I right to be mad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You absolutely have the right to feel angry at him, but don't let it consume you or anything. Yeah, it was a kind of important thing, but mistakes happen, and everyone makes them. Assuming there isn't a pattern of him ditching you at the last second, or ignoring/forgetting plans, it is what it is.

At three months you're actually just getting to know this guy. This is your first disappointment. If those disappointments keep happening then I'd say you need to reassess your thoughts on this guy and who you're giving your heart to.

As Mhowe says, at this time of year its easier to indulge more then you intended but with this and your other thread about going out with his friend and his ex without you, I'm starting to wonder just how invested this guy is in you? Don't panic, but don't sweep all the negative things he's doing under the rug either. If he meets your parents as planned tomorrow then that should be the positive you concentrate on right now because if he has an inkling that you're going to go all shrew on his (blank) then he may just come up with an excuse to bail on that as well.

Cool and calm at this point.

He called to inform you...he didn't stand you up!

His plans changed...he isn't blowing you off.

I think that at 3 or 4 months...you are a bit possessive and need to be a bit more flexible.

Last week I had a long lunch with friends...wine and good food. When I got home I called my bf and said that I wouldn't be coming over for dinner later and to enjoy his "free night". There wasn't a need to apologize.

He called to inform you...he didn't stand you up!

His plans changed...he isn't blowing you off.

I think that at 3 or 4 months...you are a bit possessive and need to be a bit more flexible.

Last week I had a long lunch with friends...wine and good food. When I got home I called my bf and said that I wouldn't be coming over for dinner later and to enjoy his "free night". There wasn't a need to apologize.

It's not possessive. There has been plenty of times that we decide what we're doing on that day and I'm easy either way, but to let me down at the last minute to me isn't on.

It isn't important that he sleeps at mine he night before for any other reason than that was the plan! I don't make plans and let people down at the last minute.

Take a breath and just go with it. He called you to say he was in no condition to travel. I think you may be overreacting.

If this is the worst disappointment yo will experience in yor life, then count yourself as lucky.

He let you know an hour before he was supposed to show up...meaning he looked at his watch, realized he was supposed to be getting on the road right then...and wasn't in any condition to do so. I don't think he is being mean or irresponsible. As I said in earlier post...it is easy to lose track of time this time of year.

At my lunch with gf...we sat down at noon. Had a glass of wine...had a cappuccino... And were getting ready to leave and had paid the bill when her hubby showed up. So he bought a bought a round. I got home at 4pm from lunch. Not normal.

If this bothers you then you're reallyyyy not going to enjoy married life. Men are forgetful. You have to get used to it or be single forever. Otherwise you'll live in constant disappointment.

This is a very minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things. If this is your biggest problem in your relationship then you should be happy

You need to take a breath and relax. Loosing track of time, especially while catching up with old buddies is very very easy to do, this time of year or anytime for that matter.

Be thankful he called you before he was supposed to be there and not a few hours afterwards and you waiting around. He had the curtosy to see the clock and be like "oh crap, Im supposed to leave now but, I think I drank to much, I should call my girlfriend and tell her I am in no condition to drive tonight". Alot of guys wouldnt have the decency to do that, most would of looked at the clock went, "Oh well, Im drunk cant go now, I'll call her in a bit".

Remake your plans and relax. Theres no need to apologize, he gave you losts of warning, he didnt ditch you - plans changed. If you overreact over things like this it's going to make you seem possessive and controlling. Shake it off, let him chill with his buddies and he'll see you tomorrow.

That it's only 3 months in and he already is in the habit of making plans and then letting you down... are you sure you're ready for the meet the parents stage?

And when people are casual with your time and effort, yes, you are allowed to be irritated.

And yes, I thought about this too but he's so perfect on many ways and I do believe he's a good guy. Just really don't wanna get hurt

Archived