Should I tell guy im about to get with i slept with ex?

I'm about to get into a relationship with a guy ive been sleeping with regularly, and my ex and i got drunk a couple of months ago and tried to have sex. it lasted for about 30 seconds before we realized we were being idiots and stopped. Should I tell this guy that I'm about to get with? I feel very guilty, even though we werent together when i slept with ex.

Thanks

edited to add:

New guy and i had been sleeping together for about a week at point i slept with ex

Being honest and sharing information are not the same things. Tell him only if you will possibly be exposing him to an STD. Otherwise you're just telling him to unburden your guilt onto another person -not fair. Since this guy has been comfortable having casual sex with you all of this time I doubt he would care who else you slept with during that time. If you had agreed to be monogamous with this guy and he asks you whether you've been with anyone else then that might be a different situation.

I know he would care, and even though it was casual sex we quickly had feelings for each other. We did agree that we weren't exclusive at the time, but I know he hasn't slept with anybody else. Although rationally I know I shouldn't tell him, I don't know how to stop feeling so guilty. Any advice for that?

I know he would care, and even though it was casual sex we quickly had feelings for each other. We did agree that we weren't exclusive at the time, but I know he hasn't slept with anybody else. Although rationally I know I shouldn't tell him, I don't know how to stop feeling so guilty. Any advice for that?

You don't "know" that ---- you surmise it. And if he actually told you that he hadn't slept with anyone since you began dating and asked you if you had, then have you already lied by answering him?

By agreeing you weren't exclusive --- leaves the door open for sex with others.

You don't try to stop feeling guilty -you just choose not to react to the feeling by oversharing with him. We all have feelings that might not be entirely rational - the less you choose to react to those feelings in a way that doesn't make sense, the less that feeling will have a hold on you.

I dont know why i feel so guilty then, i think it's because if he found out i know he wouldn't want to be with me anymore. I've only ever been completely honest, im quite new to dating as i was with my ex for 4 years and he was my first boyfriend.

I'd err on the side of your conscience. It sounds like it it will come out eventually or its going eat away at you.

Good luck.

Is your ex still a factor? If you enter into an exclusive relationship with this guy, is your ex going to be a constant shadow waiting to appear? If your ex is now out of the picture, there is no reason to bring up the past. It's behind you and there is no benefit to you or this guy by talking about it.

Definitely do not tell him, this is something that he doesn't need to know, it's in the past.

Just make sure you cut all contact from your ex, before getting into a relationship with this guy.

And don't be tempted, because having an ex of 4 years you have such an attachment to them and even though you broke up you feel yourself wanting to go back to him. I know, because I actually did cheat on my boyfriend with an ex and it was the worst decision ever. My boyfriend found out, dumped me and at the end of it all I realized I was more in love with my boyfriend at the time than I ever was with my long-term ex.

Archived