Should I tackle my boss about flirty texts?

bravo1234

My boss and I have occasionally flirted in the office and this was fine until a week or so ago when we exchanged a couple of flirty texts (we're both single). Since then he has been really 'off' with me – snapping and short tempered. I know he's under stress as the company is soon starting redundancies, but I haven't seen him treat anyone else like this and he's never behaved like this towards me before. Should I speak to him about his attitude and make sure it is not related to these texts (and ensure that I'm going to be treated equally with colleagues going forward) or would I be better off just keeping quiet?

And another one for staying quiet. Do your job, be cool and professional, act as if nothing is wrong and don't respond to any more flirty anything. He may be upset over realizing he's done something that could get him into a whole lot of trouble or he may be upset about something else entirely, although it sounds like he realizes it all went a bit too far.

Time to pull back, watch your drink intake at the local Christmas party, focus on work.

Archived