Boyfriend Going to Hooters

heyguys

So guys shouldn't mind at all if someone opens a chain restaurant called "Coxs", with the picture of a rooster (hi belladona!). The guys will wear orange spandex shorts with a lot of stuffing inside, and no shirt. They will all have six pack abs and big muscles. They wil flirt with the customers.

All women will do there is just sit back and relax with their GF's and drink a few beers. Their BF's should not be uspet at all

I think this is one of those topics which you will get very different replies to. I think that what it comes down to, is whether or not you are comfortable with what's going on. Other people telling you to "chill out" about it probably isn't going to stop the jealousy. We all have different emotions and views of what is "right" and "wrong". If it really bothers you to the point that it's hurting you emotionally, let him know. If he cares enough about your feelings, he probably won't go. What's more important, a night out at Hooters and having an unhappy girlfriend? Or going to a normal restaurant and having a happy girlfriend?

I think how you feel about this has a lot to do with how secure you feel in your relationship. If he goes out of his way to make you feel loved and honoured completely, and that he has ZERO interest in straying out of the relationship, you would probably have nothing to worry about.

If my boyfriend went once in a while, I probably wouldn't care. If he went often, I definitely would.

You should be able to trust your guy out there. If you can't then Hooters is the least of your worries.

I worked with the public before and you have to flirt a bit to make the day go by faster...especially when so many people are just awful to you .

I am secure enough to trust my guy at Hooters, or anywhere else he wants to go--especially if he is even inviting me to come along with him and his buddies. I certainly don't want to have to babysit a grown man. He can flirt or hit on girls anywhere not just Hooters, and I just don't have the time or energy to worry about it.

I may not be a Hooters girl, but I know I have enough to hold on to my man... and if he strays...his loss.

I worked with the public before and you have to flirt a bit to make the day go by faster...especially when so many people are just awful to you .

This is also VERY true. I've also worked as a waitress and in retail. I can remember being on the verge of tears a couple of times while working as a waitress. You grow into the position and learn how to deal with it though; anyone who is overly rude to a waitress is obviously an idiot and deserves to be laughed at with fellow waitresses behind scenes, not cried over. Plus, I also found as a waitress that the kitchen staff (chef, sous chefs, management, other waitresses/ waiters) gave more attitude than the customers most days. It's definitely a much more difficult job than people give credit for.

Regarding the Hooters thing, my opinion is choose your battles wisely. Some of the clothes in fashion now are more revealing than the hooters girls' uniforms are. I'd not let this get to you, or your boyfriend is going to think you're going to be one of those extremely bossy, possessive girlfriends. And unless he's a total sap, he won't stand for that long.

Regarding the Hooters thing, my opinion is choose your battles wisely. Some of the clothes in fashion now are more revealing than the hooters girls' uniforms are. I'd not let this get to you, or your boyfriend is going to think you're going to be one of those extremely bossy, possessive girlfriends. And unless he's a total sap, he won't stand for that long.

Exactly. And some restaurants that are trendy are far worse too as the girls dress in the "fashion" of the time. I can think of one chain (restaurant with lounges) up here in Canada (Earl's) where at least in our city the girls and guys hired are all "model hot" (lot less guys than girls though!), and their "uniforms" which in the past were black & white pants/skirts and shirts, are now the "trendy" clothes...girls wear very short skirts, very exposing shirts to show lots of cleavage..you get the idea! This is a restaurant chain that tries to cater to a business/young professional clientele and over the years I have seen them change their dress/atmosphere to do that - the servers are definitly there to "attract"...so be aware that in comparison, Hooters is very very very tame!

Scout is right on about choosing your battles wisely...think in relevance to the big things and what is truly important to whether this is a big issue or not.

My bf goes to Hooters a lot with one of his friends.It doesnt bother me really,I see it as a thing he used to do before we got together and its normal for him.I've been to Hooters myself and most of the girls I've seen arent really attractive,so,I guess thats another reason why I dont worry,lol.No,but seriously,I've asked him before why he likes to go there and he always says 'because of the wings' lol,so,whatever I guess.Not a big deal.