Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

" In a box not a bottle" Asperger's revealed

Seraphim

And the other thing I find is that people play semantic games with me. When we were at the school getting his IP RC done they don't put down autism because the psychologist didn't call it autism he called it Asperger's which isn't an official diagnosis anymore. So "we can't really put that on his IPRC. " and I know they are just playing semantics BS game with me. They know that I know that they know. GOD I HATE THE GAME PLAYING. Just be straight with me!

I mean why is it that they don't understand that the executive functioning skills and the ability to self regulate is affected??

Since he applied for that job the poor kid comes home every day and asked me mom did they call me yet? I could just cry. He wants to make his own money ,he wants to look after himself. I have had to fight like a dog since he's been three years old for anybody to give him a chance. Medical professionals have tried to railroad him ,schools have tried to railroad him. I am sick to freaking death of people trying to keep him down.

Why not instead of watch him upset every day because that one job hasn't called him - why not encourage him to apply for others. Teach him that sometimes its a numbers game, or you have to apply for a lot of them for the most chances. he doesn't have to comprehend why, but rather "that's just how it works - we are supposed to apply for a lot of them to get practice".

It was devastating when I went to fill out an application, the came back the next day to add my references and I asked for my app back and a note was written on it "nice, but a little strange." I took my application with me and did not let it stay. At the time I was working nights stocking and really wanted a cooler job. I did get jobs. It just took time and being fired for one or two until I found the right fit. And the reasons that I was fired seemed totally random to me - I get it now, but didn't understand than.

I have abitbroken . I'm trying to get him to apply at another business that's known for working well with people with disabilities. Someone that I know her daughter who also has Asperger's works there and she told me her daughter is treated very well. But somebody has put in his mind that it's not a good place to work. And he wants somewhere close to home as there is no bus in town. He is very immovable once he has something in his head. But I keep trying.

So ,I got told today there's no way I'm going to win the tax fight ,none ,whatsoever. And just give up. Also I will get no funding from the DSO. That my son's only hope is the ODSP.

I feel broken and betrayed. I can't explain how upset I am right now.

We just had an awesome shoe shopping experience!! For the first time ever in my son's life. He only made one negative comment about the dress shoes but accepted wearing them!!! And then he found a pair of runners that he just fell in love with. He was just over the moon and his face lit up with a big smile. I just had to buy him those shoes and they are red which is his favorite colour. ❤️❤️❤️

I am so happy to see some neural development so that he's not so overwhelmed by sensations.

We were in a Timmys drive thru today my son and I and he saw this car ahead of us. He notices that they have a plastic bag covering one of the windows because it's broken. And all of a sudden he says ," nothing says class like a plastic bag window. " well I just cracked the hell up! He is absolutely hilarious. And then later he was talking about the financial developments with Best Buy. He said that should be renamed , " Splat". And I said why, Splat? He said because their stock is doing a 90° angle. LOL!! He just cracks me up. And then he told me in grade 10 his teacher told him he should be a standup comedian ,so he stood up. HahahAhaha! He had me in stitches all day.

My sister says the damnest things sometimes. One time she was talking to my dad and he was talking about a male friend of hers (who likes her, but she doesn't like him) and he asked "What if you liked him back?" and she just looked at him and said "Are we talking about an alternative universe here?" Oh man...hahahahaha

Lol, Vic - does this means he GETS abstract? I THINK IT MEANS HE HAS LEARNT ABSTRACT!!

I think he does in some aspects SB . He's a very good jokester and he does get sarcasm . He gets that from me . However if somebody's joking or something on TV he doesn't seem to get that . Certain things could be happening in a TV program and he'll ask me what's happening . He will say I'm not sure but that's a joke right? Or he'll say I don't get it I don't understand why they're saying that . Just some aspects he just can't seem to grasp. Yesterday ,I took him into his bank. He had to deposit a cheque ,money that he earned off a grocery savings app. And they had to sign his OSAP papers for his money to be deposited into his account. He was entirely flummoxed for what he had to do or say. The staff was very kind to him. I stood back and they walked him through it and they had him laughing. They called him Mr.... And he was all glowing with pride when he left. I just stood back and waited to see if they could work it out. He did reach out with his hand for me a few times but I pretended not to see . It is hard but he has to do it on his own.

My sister says the damnest things sometimes. One time she was talking to my dad and he was talking about a male friend of hers (who likes her, but she doesn't like him) and he asked "What if you liked him back?" and she just looked at him and said "Are we talking about an alternative universe here?" Oh man...hahahahaha

Hahahaha yeah! He is like that too!

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a frustrating day. My son was having a fit about not wanting to go to prom. Where we had to drop him off was at one of his classmates parents' house which is an estate. Mother was having a pre-party and had hired a photographer. He did not want to wear his suit jacket and he accidentally spilled something on his tie. He was just being negative and angry. Some girls including the valedictorian came up to him and asked if they could have a picture with him and he said , no. He phoned me four times during my dinner out. He phoned me again when he got to the venue. His social anxiety must be really acting up.

I feel bad but the special-needs coordinator told me to stop rescuing him. She said he's going to have fits and meltdowns that's to be expected and he will fight you hard but he has to learn.