Journals

" In a box not a bottle" Asperger's revealed

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

link removed

Thought you would like this.

It is almost like Simon Baron-Cohen's study. My husband has cognitive superiority when it comes to electrical technical skill. He got 97% in his electrical engineering course which is one of the highest scores the military has seen in his trade. So my husband has a definite cognitive advantage but he is not " affected" by those genetics whereas our son is.

I started my son's ODSP application today. I started some of it over the phone and the rest he has to go fill out the applications at the government office. And it's 4 to 6 months for a judgment.

Last night was really special my son just opened up out of nowhere. He said that he felt the reason for part of his freak out at the college was because of the location and the environment in the first classroom. That it was very small and the lighting was very poor. And that caused him to panic. I'm so very happy that he opened up to what he felt set him off.

Last night was really special my son just opened up out of nowhere. He said that he felt the reason for part of his freak out at the college was because of the location and the environment in the first classroom. That it was very small and the lighting was very poor. And that caused him to panic. I'm so very happy that he opened up to what he felt set him off.

That's good. If he knows what is freaking him out, at least he can figure out how to deal with it. (unfortunately, he can't bring additional lamps into the room or have the lecture moved.)

Yesterday my boy spent the day helping me do things for the church. The kids in the lower grades were writing the literacy exam so the senior students didn't have to go to school. Anyway I had to spend some time at a person's house and they have a dog. The dog was excited to see my boy and was running and kind of jumpy. I could just see what I term the "Bogglie Eyes"start to happen. It is kind of a panicked expression he gets in his eyes and he starts waving his hands around. And he just started saying," I don't understand what it wants I don't understand what it wants and it's freaking me out." I said it's okay honey ,Molly just wants to play with you. She's excited because she wants to play.