Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

Somebody help

Guest teslaboy1

Guest teslaboy1

ok so i am 18 and barely have had a debit card . i just got a call from a weird number and it was automatic voice who said they are bank of america saying my debit card has been locked and i gave out a bunch of info like credit card number and social security number, but not my birthday and once they asked for my address i hung up. so i made a huge ing mistake and think that my identity is stolen. I just canceled my card with wells fargo( and yes i now realize its a scam because they said they were bank of america). Does the scam artist have my social security even though i hung up in the middle of the call? what can i do at this point????

Call one of the major credit reporting companies, like Experian, and report your identity stolen. If you report it to one, they'll report it to the other two. You can put a six-month flag on your SS# and they can tell you who else you need to call. If you're proactive and react quickly you might be able to get ahead of this.

Guest teslaboy1

Yes about 30 min after i reported an fraud alert with transunion, experian and equifax and also subscribed to myFICO which is a credit monitoring system. I am just not sure if I am good because I hung up before the call was over but i still gave out information....? either way my credit card is fine because i canceled it, and I am in a little bit better position now that I reported a fraud alert

Archived