Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

Favorite TV Shows

Loriana

I like HBO stuff like Game of Thrones, and Boardwalk Empire.

I was flipping around last week and somehow found this show called Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and it was pretty funny so I think that may be my new fav comedy!

I am also partial to any show hosted by Gordon Ramsay--that man is outrageous! I like his new Hotel Nightmares show, omg it's shocking!

Law and Order is my alltime fave.

I also like GOT and True Blood.

How it's made, How the universe works, Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman . . .

Any show that comes on about ancient civilizations and stuff like that, I'll watch.

But OP, you didn't say what your fave shows are???

All time favorites:

The Sopranos... made my teen years a lot better, always waiting every week for another episode. Sad to hear Gondolfini passed away some years ago.

Prison Break, first and second seasons were awesome, then the show turned into a complete mess.

Sex & the City, how shameful for a guy to have watched this. Maybe I was stupid enough to believe it was going to help me understand women?

Dexter, that show made CSI, NCIS and so on outdated.

House, firstly great, became redundant after so many seasons.

I still haven't caught Game of thrones, I'm told it's great.

Archer, Criminal Minds, Orange Is The New Black and Mixology--a great little show that was too short, but hilariously dead on about relationships.

All time favorite shows? Firefly and the Simpsons right up to the 22nd season after which it all became meh.

I did used to watch Criminal Minds. I don't know I just totally got out of watching any kind of series the last couple years. Now I prefer documentaries and science shows which I always liked anyway.

Shameless, US version

Got tired of True Blood during season 3.

Same, I think I got to about Season 4 and didn't know what the heck was going on so stopped watching it. But I was thinking about trying to get back into the show again because I used to really love it.

I don't think True Blood was stupid at all. The first, second seasons made sens and were catchy, afterwards it sort of become a mess of vampires, shapeshifter, fearies, mediums, telepath, pack masters and so on...

Not unusual from any show with countless seasons to becoming tiresome after a while.

I don't think True Blood was stupid at all. The first, second seasons made sens and were catchy, afterwards it sort of become a mess of vampires, shapeshifter, fearies, mediums, telepath, pack masters and so on...

Not unusual from any show with countless seasons to becoming tiresome after a while.

Season three was the one with the weird chick who made everyone have sex, right? That one was a bit gratuitous. But it did, ah, spice things up in my relationship! My fiance could always tell when I'd watched an episode . . .

Season three was the one with the weird chick who made everyone have sex, right? That one was a bit gratuitous. But it did, ah, spice things up in my relationship! My fiance could always tell when I'd watched an episode . . .

The True Blood storyline is on its wikipedia's page. I don't remember, I heard about that show in summer 2012, got them downloaded by a friend, watched the four sesons in a row and stopped in 2013 during season 5.

Unlike you, I had no partner at the time, only a good friend to watch and comment it.

So many people I know love True Blood, I ave never watched it though. Same with Dexter, I've never watched it but everyone I know loves that show.

I love Sons of Anarchy too, I love the music in that show, there is actually double cd soundtrack with all the songs they use in the seasons 1-4 (I think it's 1-4, or maybe it's just seasons 1 & 2...) I haven't bought it yet though!

The only thing with S of A, is that it's so incredibly violent! I usually can't watch the violent parts and walk away from the TV, lol. So I sometimes have a hard time following what's going on in the storyline

I haven't watched it since the season when they went to Ireland. I need to catch-up on it.

Being Erica, Waking Dead, Cosmos, Game of Thrones....and I loved the Tudors...I really liked House. I like shows I can put on in the background and paint or clean to. I'm not very good at sitting there watching things.

Oh, and I just starting watching The Mindy Project....I think Mindy is very relatable lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oooh forgot that one.

Did you have a favorite season? I liked all three so far for different reasons - the first I think was my favorite because the whole idea of the show was exciting to me, I think the acting in 2 was the best and for three I loved Kathy Bates, she made that season good, IMO. The fourth is called Freak Show, should be interesting.

I haven't watched the Mindy Project yet but have been meaning too. She looks (and sounds) exactly like a friend of mine--spitting image, same voice--the timbre...I have seen Mindy in interviews and she just seems like a totally normal chick. And she does not have that conventional Hollywood look, which I think is very refreshing. I always like her in The Office.

I don't watch anything new when it comes to it coming on TV. But I do have Amazon Prime and i've used it a bit.

I watched the first 2 seasons of Grimm thanx to it. It's a decent show. Tho still inferior to my all time fav Buffy.

I watched every episode of Heroes in about a month span. It was so great during the first season. Then just when you thought it couldn't get worse, it totally found a way to be waaay worse.

I've also used Crackle to watch some shows. I've seen the first two season of Chosen, and it is really, really good.

Archived