Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What exactly makes someone "weird" in your option?

Cynder

Everyone is weird to someone else. As mentioned above, there is "good" weird and "bad" weird (or just "weird" weird). People who are weird to me include:

People who like Brussels sprouts

Cyclists - especially the ones who wear lycra and (apparently) have to put a special cream in their bum to prevent saddle sores

People who still wear baseball caps and are not baseball players - it's not 1990 any more

People who wear socks with sandals

People who wash their underpants in a bucket in the street (I've seen this)

People who go on reality television show

But who wants to be "normal"?

I know I'm weird, for one I know without a doubt I was born 300 years too late, should have been born back in the 1700's and been a long hunter, reason being I feel way more at home in the woods than I do anywhere else, I shoot and process all my own meat, and when I'm not here at work in the oilfield I try to spend as much time in the woods as possible. Besides that my reading choices are normally along the lines of Teen Vamp or YA reading and I'm certainly not young anymore.

I think the items on Hoagy's list are more symptoms of weirdness than actual weirdness itself, which I still think is a personality thing. I disagree that everyone is weird to someone. If a person's attributes are all commonly known attributes then they are not weird to anyone.

Archived