'

Open Club  ·  28 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Girl on guy rape... interesting article

Cynder

link removed

I really hope posting this doesn't cause a firestorm. I'm also assuming it's not against the rules, but if it is, sorry Mods.

As someone who has always taken an interest in gender roles in our society and gender based crimes, I thought this was worth sharing. It was an interesting read.

Another illuminating article - man on man rape. A personal story. Helps illustrate how the person who was abused tries to minimize what happened, which we have seen in other threads, in the woman-man scenario in the OP, and in the story linked below.

link removed

Another illuminating article - man on man rape. A personal story. Helps illustrate how the person who was abused tries to minimize what happened, which we have seen in other threads, in the woman-man scenario in the OP, and in the story linked below.

link removed

I will read this, I just can't right now because I'm short on time.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting this, Cynder.

I found it eye opening, the study on sexual violence.

What I found most intriguing however, were the comments by readers on the bottom. So many by men, still insistent that men can't be raped. Cracking jokes about not being mad if so and so raped them. I see victim blaming, lots of it. I see them saying a man can't be raped unless he's unconscious. I see them saying things like "boy, your clothes really seemed to come off mighty fast...", that an erection = consent, that you can't have an erection unless you're aroused.

Really gross, disgusting things. Things we regularly defend female victims of rape against just on this forum alone. It was really sad.

Thanks for posting this, Cynder.

I found it eye opening, the study on sexual violence.

What I found most intriguing however, were the comments by readers on the bottom. So many by men, still insistent that men can't be raped. Cracking jokes about not being mad if so and so raped them. I see victim blaming, lots of it. I see them saying a man can't be raped unless he's unconscious. I see them saying things like "boy, your clothes really seemed to come off mighty fast...", that an erection = consent, that you can't have an erection unless you're aroused.

Really gross, disgusting things. Things we regularly defend female victims of rape against just on this forum alone. It was really sad.

Yes, it's interesting in a sad and infuriating way that the ones making those jokes are overwhelmingly male. The lack of empathy is just baffling. There's blaming the victims, blaming feminism, derailing, accusations of lying when someone else shares their own story...but fortunately there's also comments calling out that behavior.

Archived