Ex. Birthday. Not what I expected

Xoxo12345

It's been 6months since my ex and I broke up. He wished me well wishes on my bday earlier this year after the break up, so when his bday came around I wished him the same. I expected him to say something like: " thanks. Hope you're well" or "how did you remember it was my bday?" Instead he tells me he's very ill and he may be laid off from work. And he hoped I was doing well.

I wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to be overly concerned or nosy. I haven't spoken to him in 3 months. So I told him to rest well and to not worry about his work right now. Get healthy first.

He said that sounded good and he appreciated the bday wishes. After that text, I didn't reply back. Didn't think it needed any further response. And I didn't know what to say... I'm a very caring and thoughtful person, so I worry about him. But I really shouldn't check on him in a few weeks to see if he's ok? It just wasn't what I expected. Thought he would be doing excellent, like I am. And he was the one that ended the relationship btw. But no hard feelings...

An ex is someone who is no longer a part of your life. This means that their b-days, issues, triumphs, failures, etc. are not your problem or concern. Do him and yourself a huge favor and do not contact him again. He is your ex = gone. Also, yes, he has his own family and friends and possibly even a new gf to take care of him or lend him a hand. Time for you to leave the past in the past.

Archived