Need some serious hair product and nail advice!

I'm pretty embarrassed with my nails but yeah, I'll send you a picture privately so you can see what we're dealing with, lol.

I don't mind an initial upfront cost if these products are going to help me and will last a long time.

Don't be embarrassed, Fudgie! I've googled my fair share of nail stuff lol. Seriously though, it's more common than you'd think and so many people deal with the stuff you're going through now that it isn't anything to be embarrassed over.

Like with anything you just have to stick with it and hopefully it will help you, most important part right now is to get them healthy and stop the infections. Maintenance will be so much easier. you can get there Just imagine how proud you will feel when you see your nails looking healthy!

Okay well I did show petite my nail picture and she said it wasn't as bad as I was making them out to be, lol. whew.

I am thinking I am going to use the cuticle cream on my toenails too. My toenails look great as they are, no infections, good nail health, but I want to keep them looking healthy. I got a really nice hair of flat sandals the other day and I'd like to wear them this summer a lot so I need to keep my nails in good health!!

I have super soft feet because I rarely, rarely go without shoes. I wish my finger nails emulated my toe nails!

I do have some rough skin on the bottom of my feet at the moment that is pretty rare for me to have, but I need to get back into my routine of removing it and keeping them soft. I used to do that a couple years ago. Not sure why I stopped. They're still really soft but I want to make them go back to how they used to be and I know that's possible.

Oh, I would love to have really soft feet. I love being barefoot and it has wreaked havoc on them. Petite, did you ever try that weird soak thing, where your skin falls off? I kind of want to get another...I hear there is a DIY one with Listerine that is supposed to be quite effective. Also, I use a callus shaver, then smooth with pumice stone and exfoliate Is that horrible for my heels, the shaver? Absolutely nothing else touches it!

Ha ha Cheet I totally forgot t update you on that!

Yep I tried it and at first my feet felt sooo tight I think for like a day or two then nothing was happening which I found weird. I thought it would be completely bogus but then a few days later they really started feeling, like omg sooo gross! Eventually it all peeled off and I did like the results but it wasn't like this major WOW factor that I read about.

I've never used a shaver because I was told once that it makes it worse? I have no idea honestly. I get mine done at the salon or when I do it at home it's usually with pretty hot water, epson salt and I let it speak for a good 20-30 min followed by a pumice stone then ceramic foot file with two sides.

Actually, I buy a lot of stuff from here link removed it's pretty cheap (site is so weird looking but they have a ton of stuff!) Here's the front page link removed shipping is weird but you can always ask them how much it would cost to ship say 3-4 items to your location.

Fudgie, there is an Essie Crystal File on there for $7 and then a small glass file which you can put in your handbag for $2 it's called. These are good because they can be washed and sterilized.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to update this thread.

Thank you sooo much for the moroccan oil suggestion. I was at my local grocery store and I did see the Organix brand of that. It was about 5 oz for $5.99 so I decided to give it a try, just to see. I put it on my towel-dried hair and worked it through, brushed it through, etc.

Wow, I definitely notice a difference. My hair looks a lot more "together", shiny, etc. I'm pretty damn pleased!

I wonder how it will work if I put it in my hair and then blow dry. Anyone try that? Does it still work if I do that? I don't blow dry often at all, maybe once in a blue moon, but I was just wondering.

Still need to do something about these nails. *sigh*

Sure it will. You can also use it on your hair dry. I use it before blowdrying, then a teeny tiny amount just to smooth down any frizz.

In fact, I've been using it(and a little mousse) and then blowdrying my hair straight instead of using the flat iron. It looks much nicer than if I didn't use it. Then I do big giant velcro roller afterwards for some volume. Looks and feels like a salon blowout.

Archived