irrational behavior has me nervous.....

Dewboy

Exactly...she is certifiable! Smh.. I agree with Shal..let it go regarding the step daughters. They'll be ok. You have to protect yourself right now. To that end, I'm wondering why you are still engaging with her on the phone? I would keep everything, written (via email and text). Regarding the bills etc, just tell her your lawyer will get in contact with her. That's how ALL communication with her should be handled from this point on..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you feel it?

You are being drawn in and manipulated by her. The best way to stop this is to simply stop responding to anything she says. There really is no reason to speak to her at all is there? If there is tell her you will converse with her through email only so there are no misunderstandings.

You need a legal separation right away at the least. Get a second job dong anything to put the money together and get this thing going. She will not go away until she finds her next victim but you can at least protect yourself legally.

DO NOT MEET HER TO TALK!!! This is a good way of ending up in the back of a police car. Trust me on this she is trying to lure you into something and you know what she is capable of...

Lost

The only reason that I was even entertaining the idea of meeting her or talking on the phone was to get money from her for half of the bills. I have paid everything in the house that she is living in and and i cannot afford to keep doing it. I was hoping that I could let her know that if she is not going to contribute to the bills that i will need to have her and her daughters cell phones turned off and the cable and the internet. An she will need to get car insurance transferred in her name and her daughters name (19yr old). Not to be mean, but simply because I cannot afford it. I was told that i must maintain the necessities (power, water and mortgage) until things are finalized.

There is no reason that cannot be taken care of through email. That way you have a written record of what was agreed to, when it was agreed to and what was said.

Send her an email telling her that you cannot afford to pay all the bills yourself and if she wants the cell phones and cable/internet to stay on she will have to pay those herself. You will pay the mortgage and electric bills until the divorce is final but she needs to contribute.

After the way your other discussions with her have gone I would think you would welcome doing it through email.

Be smart

Lost

There is no reason that cannot be taken care of through email. That way you have a written record of what was agreed to, when it was agreed to and what was said.

Send her an email telling her that you cannot afford to pay all the bills yourself and if she wants the cell phones and cable/internet to stay on she will have to pay those herself. You will pay the mortgage and electric bills until the divorce is final but she needs to contribute.

After the way your other discussions with her have gone I would think you would welcome doing it through email.

Be smart

Lost

without a doubt. I would much rather handle things through email. she just refuses to discuss things through text or email. I will try the email suggestion and see what happens. thanks all.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Dewboy,

She can refuse all she wants. Send the email and then text her to let her know that you sent it a very important email to her. In the email simply tell her that you will no longer pay for cable/internet and her and her daughters cell phones and if she wants them to stay on she will have to pay the bills that are now due.

There is no discussion, just a statement of intent on your part. If you have joint credit cards you need to look into what needs to be done on that end as well because without a legal separation she can run up bill and leave you holding the bag.

Lost

Archived