Off Topic

What are you grateful for today?

SpottiOtti

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm still not functional enough to shave my legs every day

Wait - I've NEVER been functional enough to shave my legs every day! lol

Jokes aside, I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you, Rainycoast. I remember days of my own when going to the mailbox seemed like a victory . . . And kudos to you for sharing that stuff with your friends!

Today I am grateful for a supportive and funny group of coworkers, and a supportive and caring supervisor.

I have such a good boss.

He's like some kind of mythical creature:

He's senior management (we have a flat management structure)

He's got a seriously good business head. He pretty much single-handedly saved the company last year.

He understands a substantial amount of the technical stuff we deal with.

He understands that we're humans and not robots

He'll back you up if things go wrong

He's an interesting and funny person to talk to.

When I actually think about it, usually you'd consider yourself lucky to have a boss that ticks a couple of those boxes.

I had a couple of things go wrong today that made me glad I had him behind me.

• 4 weeks later...

I am thankful for a lot of things everyday. Sometimes I need to remind myself of that because it's easy to get swept up by things in life and to forget how lucky we are.

I am thankful for modern medicine. I love that feeling when I take one of my antidepressants and everyday, a few hours later, I feel a little "pep" and that gets me through the day. I love it. I love feeling normal and functional and good.

I am thankful for my job too. Sure, i don't make much but I have a great boss. She is really nice to me. In turn, I am a flexible and hardworking employee. I pick up time when others get sick. I do what she asks me. In turn, she respects me, she is accomodating, she is nice, etc. She knows I've been struggling with my hair (I've talked about it) and she went to her stylist and picked me up some shampoo. How awesome is that?

Lots of little things to be thankful for.

For my mother being in a playful mood and asking me how I am today...by name. This may not seem like much, but when they have Alzheimer's any moment they recognize you and show flashes of who they are suddenly become the most precious of moments. They make all the times you cry suddenly disappear and for that I am always going to be grateful.

For my mother being in a playful mood and asking me how I am today...by name. This may not seem like much, but when they have Alzheimer's any moment they recognize you and show flashes of who they are suddenly become the most precious of moments. They make all the times you cry suddenly disappear and for that I am always going to be grateful.

Amen. I remember when flashes of her former self would break through the fog and I ould give her a big hug and tell her I knew she was still "here". And she would grin from ear to ear.

Thank you for these posts today. My mood and self confidence have taken a plunge at work today due to some work I was responsible for that got taken away from me because I was too slow.

I needed to hear these little things today.

So today, I am grateful to all of you.

I've passed this one by so many times. .

Grateful I stopped to take the time to read it

. .today.

I am grateful for my job. .Though it drive me nuts at times and can be stressful, it's a great job and I need to remind myself, often.

. .warm coffee

My oldest son peeking in my room in the dark this morning to say goodbye on his way to work and wishing me a good day. . (melt)

oh PP ....I will ALWAYS my life through , give my time and help to anyone going through this, you just don't know what it feels like until your mum doesn't know who you are ...mine didn't have alzheimers , she had cancer , she got through the 6 chemo sessions and it was that that flipping killed her ..4 days after the last chemo she had one god almighty stroke , the bleed was in the frontal lobes , which as you probably know is the control panels for behaviour , so she had some kind of stroke dementia as a result . I am sorry , so sorry you are seeing all this and I feel how beautiful that moment was for you . God bless you and your mum xxxxxxxxxx

I am grateful that I have reached a place in my life where I can go out with friends and not get completely wasted just because I'm in a bar.

Grateful also that the last week and a half are over and my work schedules are about to go back to "normal".

Grateful for the wisdom of the awesome people on this thread.

Archived