Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you grateful for today?

SpottiOtti

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hydro guys and how well that corporation works - an entire pole was demolished on my street, and it took two hours for power to be up and running again.

Considering what these guys actually have to do, the weather they work in, yeah, I'm grateful for them. I sure don't want their jobs!!

I'm grateful it works so well that when the power does go down here, I never worry. It going down for days at a time is not something that ever happens here. That's pretty impressive, when you think about it. Yeah, I'm spoiled.

• 2 weeks later...

the earliest years of my childhood. summers at granddad's country-house. mum feeling okay today. insomnia hasn't been a problem for almost a year. i'm still not functional enough to shave my legs every day but i am slowly improving in regaining parts of a normal daily routine. afraid of slipping but also trust one step at a time will get me somewhere. i might be in for a new contract job. not enough but every bit helps. the search continues. today i believe ( a little, not all the way, but a little. that's an improvement) i'll get back up on my feet.

• 2 weeks later...

grateful for newly found trust.

I was very outspoken and relaxed about a shipload of my problems and the fact that I have not been taking them too well. I spoke about my depression, the pills, the fears, mum's dying, inheriting a crippling debt, and mentioned the overall low in my mental health in front of a group of friends like it was nothing. I mean, not like it was nothing but like I was comfortable sharing that. The thing is, I was comfortable. These people have known me for years and I've always been everyone's shoulder and have always handled my own issues pretty bravely, on the outside at least. So I expected to feel embarrassed...as if...if I admitted to being a wreck people would judge, let me down or offer platitudes along the lines "aww you can handle it, you've always been a rock" blah blah.. But I trusted. Oh wow. TRUSTED. This is big for me folks! (social anxiety much)

Plus, didn't feel betrayed at all! The reaction was friendly and one person even credited me on my honesty. Sounds weird I bet but to me it meant a lot- being able to be simple. You know, no masks, no pride, no hiding. It's a relief to be allowed to feel. To feel not too good. To feel overcome, afraid...It's human, right? I don't have to pretend. Finally.

Archived