Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you grateful for today?

SpottiOtti

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the weather! it's not raining for a change!!!

and my tax return! yay! - only a small amount, but enough to pay for my annual car service and the outstanding vet fees

and my Savings Bank giving me $$ from their profit as it's a people's bank!

and that my boss was away all day!

and my new oven that doesn't burn my baking (I have no excuse any more)

I have more, but I don't want people to think I'm basking in my gratefulness (which I am)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's no way to make it not sound like bragging, but my overall good health.

I feel strong and I can run and run. I played basketball four times this week and still feel great. Even a year ago, I would have been about under my desk writhing in pain by now after that.

There's no way to make it not sound like bragging, but my overall good health.

I feel strong and I can run and run. I played basketball four times this week and still feel great. Even a year ago, I would have been about under my desk writhing in pain by now after that.

That's not bragging any more than being grateful for anything is bragging. (Did that make sense? Health is a fabulous thing to be grateful for. Same for your abilities or accomplishments.)

The absolute heart-stopping astonishing beauty of the place I live in. Sat in front of the glass picture window last night and watched a light show of lightning in the clouds. No rain, no thunder, but it was spectacular. Like something out of a science fiction movie, but the full moon behind it. So beautiful.

The Land of Enchantment indeed.

The absolute heart-stopping astonishing beauty of the place I live in. Sat in front of the glass picture window last night and watched a light show of lightning in the clouds. No rain, no thunder, but it was spectacular. Like something out of a science fiction movie, but the full moon behind it. So beautiful.

The Land of Enchantment indeed.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived