Open Club  ·  49 members

Off Topic

Best album/playlist to work out to.

SpottiOtti

What are some of your fave albums to run/lift weights to? Trying to find some new stuff. I always find that I like some of the songs but not all. Hard to find a good album, start to finish. Or does anyone even buy whole albums anymore? Any recommendations for a playlist? Some of my faves:

For running:

Datsik - Let it Burn

Health - Disco2

Skrillex's new one! Don't remember what it's called right now but it's pretty good.

Anything by Dethklok or Gojira, cause it's fast!

For weights:

Pretty much anything metal, but esp. melodic stuff like Meshuggah.

Glitch Mob

Outkast

Does anyone else like fast stuff for running and melodic stuff for weights?

• 3 months later...

My workout playlists usually consist of upbeat dance/pop sings (what can I say)...some of my more recent gym cuts:

Rock and a Hard Place - Rolling Stones

Thirsty - Purple Crush

Oh Boy - Cam'ron

Meteorite - Mariah Carey

Thirsty - Mariah Carey

Lady (Hear Me Tonight) - Modjo

One More Time - Daft Punk

I Love It - Icona Pop

Izzo - Jay-Z

Rebel Rebel - David Bowie

Glad You Came - The Wanted

Jellyhead - Crush

Venus - Bananarama

Push It - Salt N Pepa

The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang

Dani California - RHCP

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield

Of the Night - Bastille

i get bored very easy so i use the @pp eighttrac ...premade workout playlists...endless amounts and I just click a playlist each time i go to work out.

Yeah I get bored easily too, so I just make my own playlists, upload them to my iPod Nano/iPhone, and then just click play when I start my workout. Always keeps me pumped!

Getting bored easy was why I quit making playlists. I would go through the trouble of putting one together, and then after going through it a couple times I'd be tired of it. It's easier if you can find a way to enjoy whatever music happens to come on. You might not think you can do weighted dips to the Bee Gees, but just picture yourself disco dancing like Travolta while you rock out a set and it's not so bad.

Getting bored easy was why I quit making playlists. I would go through the trouble of putting one together, and then after going through it a couple times I'd be tired of it. It's easier if you can find a way to enjoy whatever music happens to come on. You might not think you can do weighted dips to the Bee Gees, but just picture yourself disco dancing like Travolta while you rock out a set and it's not so bad.

Yeah true, but I can't lift weights to a ballad by Phil Collins My playlists guarantee me upbeat music no matter what. But I agree, they get old after a few workouts.

I always have Skrillex on...Let me see what I've got in my phone at the moment.

Bangarang

Burst

Dream

Lick it

Levels

First of the year

Right in

Weekends

As far as other work out music, I've got..

Rihanna - Only girl dubstep remix

Perfume - Edge

Doctor P and Flux pavilion remix - Louder

Michael Mind - Ride like the wind klaas Remix

Jean Elan - Where's your head at klaas remix

I stream Pandora, and the range is broad. Stations range from India Arie/The Clark Sisters, a "Battleflag" station based on the song by Lo Fidelity Allstars, Foo Fighters, Cake, The White Stripes, Kula Shaker, a station based on the old Justin Timberlake "Sexy Back", and one based on Rihanna's "We Found Love".

I think maybe I need a therapist?

I figured out that blues and grunge don't work for anything, which is too bad since I love most everything in that genre from Amy Winehouse to Buddy Guy to Nirvana and its antecedents. Some classical and the India Arie/gospel stations work for long runs, as does Derek Trucks and Kula Shaker. Chemical Brothers, Lo Fidelity All Stars, etc work for short stints.

Moby, surprisingly, is too mellow for interval training, and too repetitive for runs.

Any other Canadians listen to the CBC radio 3 "Sweatin' to the Indies" podcasts with Grant Lawrence?? The're pretty good, pretty high energy with a good mix, though a little to chatty with commentary at times, though sometimes it's pretty funny. I have been listening to them since they started way back in (I think) 2008.

I think my all time fav motivational workout song is U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name". Has a good beat, and makes me want to jump over tall buildings and run through grassy fields.

I think a close second is "Nowhere With You" by The Joel Plasket Emergency. So upbeat and happy!

Archived