I can't stop thinking about her...

Hi everyone, not even sure this is the right place to post this story but... here it goes. Last summer I met someone during an internship, we'll call her Anne, and became close friends. At the time I was casually seeing another girl so it didn't really occur to me to pursue anything with Anne, even though I wasn't exclusive with said girl. I also told Anne I was seeing someone else as we became closer and she didn't seem to care; after all, we were only going to see each other during that internship. But I was definitely attracted to her and she made no attempt to hide how she felt about me. Towards the end of our internship I gave into my feelings and we spent an intensely romantic last week together. Everything clicked, being with her was effortless and natural and I could see myself falling... When we said our goodbyes it was heartbreaking; she cried, I tried not to. We decided to keep in touch.

I returned to my home town, she to hers. Needless to say it didn't work out with the girl I was previously seeing. Anne and I kept in touch pretty regularly and we both ended up relocating for jobs, moving to new cities and keeping super busy, which made it close to impossible to see each other. She was able to visit once during this winter break but was only passing through and couldn't stay long. Since then our communication has dwindled but I can't stop thinking about her. Part of me thinks our brief visit had the opposite effect on her and she's moving on. Not sure what to do or if there is anything I can do... All I know is I can't get her out of my head.

I am trying to keep in touch with her but I'm getting less and less responses and getting the feeling she's over it. I could be overreacting and she's just super busy but my main concern is whether I should pursue this or not. After all, I'm talking about trying to develop a long distance relationship without it even having been a real relationship beforehand...

Archived