Was this offensive? Should i apologize?

apetoape

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it looks like Seabisquit, DancingFool, Mhowe, Misunderstood, Batya, Kendahke, Greta, Amipushy, Bluebell and Ms. Darcy may not be the best sources for advice on the subject of text-based flirtation after all!

Umm, Or their advice was spot on and his apology was what made her reply favorably....

Well against better judgment I sent her another text, and it paid off.

Me Forgive the way i worded things, I'm funnier in person I promise. You'll play a more convincing stunning helpless hostage than a fall girl anyway Next week works

Her haha, can't wait for next week I'm worth the wait, but i'll understand if you really want cheesecake

Now see? This is exactly how i woulda played it! I NEED a man to share my sense of humor...or he's TOAST! And she sounds like a winner too!

Some of my best emails have been playing, joking, etc. Some guys i never met...lol...most. But it was fun while it lasted. At least i had a few good laughs...

She's definitely a smart girl!

Obviously she had an issue with that comment, since she made a point of bringing it up in her reply, but I do think you redeemed yourself pretty well.

I don't think she had an issue with it at all! She was just continuing the convo. His last text had been...are you worth the wait! And she now replied...yes...I AM worth the wait. His playful 'apology' to me was just clarification! She was never upset...or she would not have answered...ever.

GEEZ.

Well that's the point. No one has a monopoly on what is the 'best foot forward'. If that's his style, then that's his style. I don't agonize over how I'm going to be perceived or not perceived. I would prefer that than living in a sanitized artificial world that lacks substance. People are going to find out what you are really like eventually. So I don't put on an act. I do fine.

I believe it comes down to the eternal question of doing what you want to do versus doing what is right for the situation, given your goals.

I don't think she had an issue with it at all! She was just continuing the convo. His last text had been...are you worth the wait! And she now replied...yes...I AM worth the wait. His playful 'apology' to me was just clarification! She was never upset...or she would not have answered...ever.

GEEZ.

You seem not to have noticed that her reply came AFTER he saved the day with his apology text! She didn't have to mention that remark at all, but she did, in a very smart way. Read between the lines, Realitynut! She subtly let him know that she was indeed "worth the wait" but if he didn't feel like waiting to see it for himself, he was free to move on. Her response was well thought and had double meaning, and I have no doubt in my mind that had he not sent that last text, she would have never talked to him again.

But it all comes down to what we like and appreciate in a man. You like one sort of humour, I like a totally different sort that you may not like. I've been served that kind of remark in person, and I chucked it to "meh, he's just being a smartass". Guy turned out to be a jerk who treated women like disposable dishes. So personally when I hear it coming from a man, it turns me off. You may have had different experiences and you may find that type of remark cute and endearing. That's why nobody can give fool proof advice, there will never be 2 identical people, so what works for one may not work for the other.

I can only speak for myself, but had I been that girl, I would have crossed OP off my list based on that text, but I would have reconsidered and would have met him too after receiving the apology text.

You seem not to have noticed that her reply came AFTER he saved the day with his apology text! She didn't have to mention that remark at all, but she did, in a very smart way. Read between the lines, Realitynut! She subtly let him know that she was indeed "worth the wait" but if he didn't feel like waiting to see it for himself, he was free to move on. Her response was well thought and had double meaning, and I have no doubt in my mind that had he not sent that last text, she would have never talked to him again.

Funny that's how I read it too - if you can't wait or are in doubt, then feel free to run along. She is a cool girl and definitely not afraid to dismiss a guy when need be.

I really appreciate a sense of humor -over e-mail as well. I wouldn't appreciate that kind of joke in a text from a stranger after I told him I was busy until next week. I don't think it's about text-based humor, or wanting a sense of humor. I do think it's too risky an approach to have all that texting before meeting in person, for a number of reasons.

Archived