Not so "plenty of fish in the sea"

whitewolf

My girlfriend of a few months broke up with me. I understand that she really just needs to be alone, or is just way too overly worked up about what had happened. All I did was tell her I didn't think we were spending enough time together, and that we should sit down and talk about it. We did, and all that resulted was her thinking I was too needy or smothering her. While this wasn't really true, I still felt awful for making her feel bad and so I apologized. Apparently that wasn't enough as she told me the follwing day that she wasn't happy and wanted to break up. I thought it over the entire weekend, and realized that I was being a little too needy and so I apologized profusely for that.

Here's the problem: I honestly really loved this girl. I mean I know I'm 16, but I really cared about her. After a few more conversations and 3 weeks, I've come to terms with the fact that she probably isn't coming back. The problem is, now that I've started dating, there's a part of me that constantly craves that feeling you get just being with someone you really care about. It's been demoralizing me everywhere, and my job in theater requires me to manage everything. It's been so much more difficult to do now. I would love to get back in the game and find someone else, but the high school I go to is very small, and literally all the girls I'd potentially consider dating are good friends that I wouldn't want to jeopardize that status by doing so.

And so, there's my dilemma. I know I can wait till college to really start dating again, but if my pain doesn't pass soon, I don't know if I can continue doing theater. And this position is something I've worked towards over the last 2 years.

We have all been here, but something I can tell you - don't let this stop you from presuing your life in theater. Letting something like a broken relationship stop you from doing something you love to do and worked hard to get to is not okay. If anything you should consentrate more on it. Make it your primary focus.

It hurts now because it's fresh, in a few weeks it will pass and you will feel more like you again.

Archived