how long can it take to get to that point u dont hurt anymore over an ex ?

Will i ever get to the point i don't care about my ex anymore and his actions have no affect on me what so ever? IM the dumpee, i was dumped just before Xmas and have now gone nc for 32 days. I have good days and i have bad, just like everyone on here. Is there anyone who has got totally over it out there? And how long did it take? Or is he always going to be in my heart. I don't want to love him anymore, i hope i can get to the point where i don't care anymore

Will i ever get to the point i don't care about my ex anymore and his actions have no affect on me what so ever? IM the dumpee, i was dumped just before Xmas and have now gone nc for 32 days. I have good days and i have bad, just like everyone on here. Is there anyone who has got totally over it out there? And how long did it take? Or is he always going to be in my heart. I don't want to love him anymore, i hope i can get to the point where i don't care anymore

Yes, you will get there.

How long were you two together?

I was with my ex for 13 years. It took me a good 2 1/2 years to be completely rid of him. It took another 18 months til I opened my heart up to the prospect of a new man, but you have to take into consideration the length of time I was with that ex.

Not only will you get over him, but you'll go on to have a MUCH MUCH BETTER relationship with someone who far outshines your ex in every way imaginable.

It just takes time. Everyone's different, there's no "set time" when you'll magically be over this. But it WILL happen.

And the day will come when you'll be so happy with someone else that you'll look back on this guy and wonder "what was I thinking?"

Not only will you get over him, but you'll go on to have a MUCH MUCH BETTER relationship with someone who far outshines your ex in every way imaginable.

It just takes time. Everyone's different, there's no "set time" when you'll magically be over this. But it WILL happen.

And the day will come when you'll be so happy with someone else that you'll look back on this guy and wonder "what was I thinking?"

Cannot wait for this moment... 2.5 mo post BU and NC....just the last few days my mindset has shifted to be thankful that I have the chance to move on and find someone better emotionally suited/compatible for me. That is a huge tipping point. Fear turns to hope, anger dissipates, your heart become open with more love, you start to see things differently, become thankful for the experience, gratitude slowly creeps in....slowly letting go and accepting that it is all falling together, not falling apart

I was with him 2 and a half years. I did really love him. I still feel anger and wish he never cheated. I really miss him, but i would never take him back. We did have some really good times as well as some bad times, i guess im going to have to take real care of myself to get over this because he always is on my mind. But i do want to get over him now. He did some unforgivable things and that makes it easier.

Sharky you always have the right words.

Archived