Confused... 2 months after a breakup

I'm 24 and she is 20 years of age. My ex partner and I were together for two and half years. We have been and off for the past year. Moved in together and that's when it all got much worse for us, she felt trapped needed to escape I think and which she broke it off on a mutual basis. After that we kept in contact all the time, she would still treat me as If we were still together. I'd have to be the one to say (no) you can't do that. We're casually hooking up every week, and seeing eachother. She'll constantly tell me she isn't looking for another girlfriend and needs to be on her own for awhile. Two and half months after we've broken up she's just asked me to go on a date with her. I said that's not really normal. She'll joke about it and will say everyone goes on dates even friends. I know for a fact there's something up. We are both inlove with eachother and I'm just so confused as to what she wants. She is so good at hiding her feelings aswell. She is either playing mind games with me or wants to keep me on a hook until she thinks shes ready.. But I just don't know anymore?

It may be time for you to cut contact. It sounds like she isnt ready for a committed relationship and likes the idea of being "single" but still having you around for a "shoulder to lean on". That isn't fair to you. If she loved you she wouldn't be doing this.

It's up to you on what you do but if you want the hurt to stop and you want to move on, you need to put an end to it. She can't have her cake and eat it too.

Archived