How do I start talking again?

Hi Guys,

Me and my best friend of six years fell out a few weeks back. We have been close for years but recently events have taken a toll on our friendship. My friend used to be an actress when she was young on TV on a big broadcaster in the UK, so a lot of old fans try to get in contact with her. Me and my friend were close to a relationship but lots of people kept talking about us and sending us both anonymous messages on Tumblr. It got to the point that about 3 weeks ago my friend decided she didn't want to talk to me any more because the anonymous messages about us were too much for her. This is her usual method, cut off contact to get away from the problem. In the past, we have fallen out about 2 times but have always become friends again within a matter of days.

I don't really know how to respond to this. I have no idea what to say to her. I'm not saying I want a relationship with her, I just want to be friends again.

Can anyone offer me advice?

You didn't do anything wrong but she cut you off?!?

People may be talking about the two of you but you're not disposable. I could understand if she said you shouldn't be seen in public together for a while but for her not to contact you privately.

I would confront her but I'm big on loyalty. (To be honest, if she did this to me, I'd cut her off entirely - but I'm tough.)

Archived