I went to a bar knowing my ex was going to be there. I'm in a good place and we have mutual friends. Everything is going right for me but her. Anyway, I didn't blow her up for the past month. When I walked in to the bar, we made eye contact and it was short. She cut it short and I got the point. She doesn't want me to even say hi. I understood. Not that I was abusive or a liar or cheated, but she wasn't happy anymore. Hey it happens!

I haven't made eye contact with her all night. I respected her space and I played some pool with some friends while she talked to people. No problem she her own person and she can do what she wants. Through out this whole time I had her in the back of my head and how beautiful she was. I never let that affect me. I saw her dancing and smiling and I was happy for her. I wasn't happy about the fact that I wasn't with her but I was happy for her.

I was kicking ass at pool and I stepped outside for a minute. There were around 5 people outside of the door smoking, and because I quit smoking, I walked around the corner to keep myself from asking for one (I was drunk at that point) and out of the corner of my eye I saw a 5'3" figure against the wall and a guy being the one keeping her there. It was my ex.

As soon as I saw that, I had two choices to make. Do I turn around and walk behind the corner or keep walking? In the split second I chose to keep walking. No eye contact. I stopped at the end of the patio and threw the beer out of my glass after a few seconds. I was angry. I wanted to go home. I didn't want to spend another second at the bar. I turned around to walk back and they were gone.

After a minute, I realized that it was a act of anger (spilling my beer out) and I went inside to order another one. I was still playing pool and she was still chatting and dancing.

I finished my game and went home. I texted her (here come the words of wisdom from the established members) and all I said was that I didn't mean to see that. I said it was good for me while it lasted and told her to take care of herself and be safe.

She's gone from my life. I de friended her from my social media (not completely as I still have urges) and I am about to email her father that I can't speak to him until I get over her. I don't know what else to do. She changed my life when she was with me.

Moral of the story is when she is done she is done. I held on and I probably would have held on longer have I not seen what I saw last night. I would have acted the same. I'm a good guy. I may have been selfish and closed off but I had the best intentions. I will be better because of this. I think I handled it just right. What do you think?

There were around 5 people outside of the door smoking, and because I quit smoking, I walked around the corner to keep myself from asking for one (I was drunk at that point) and out of the corner of my eye I saw a 5'3" figure against the wall and a guy being the one keeping her there. It was my ex.

It stings at first but a few more months down the line she and this guy will probably be having similar problems and it isn't always as great as you imagine it to be. You see only a very small piece of a person's life and you exaggerate it in your mind. It's just like when you have a crush, you think to yourself how perfect being with that person would be. It isn't until you get to know them that they are just as ordinary as anyone else, and your ex will do what ordinary women do soon after they break up. Rebound.

Apparently that was just some random guy. A friend of a friend of mine. Regardless it hurt like crazy but I am not bitter. She did nothing wrong and even though its my stomping grounds, I can't be mad at her. Were both single. The part that hurts the most i guess (and when I say hurts i mean it as the maximum amount of pain that a person can experience) is that she is obviously over me if she thought that that was ok to do after seeing me. Thats why I deleted her and let her go but not before telling her that its ok.

Today has been tough. I don't know what to do with myself. I want to reach out to her and tell here that there are no hard feelings and that she shouldn't be afraid that she hurt me, but then I think that she probably hasn't been thinking about me at all.

She did tell a close friend of mine that she doesn't have any bad feelings towards me and that one day she hopes we get along. There was no other guy that caused the split and she just wants to be single. My friend actually asked her if there is a chance that we will get back together and she said "right now, no."

I didn't ask her to investigate so I'm not quite sure why she did. I don't see my feelings fading for this girl, but i am forced to put them away and focus on moving forward.

Archived