One year after breakup and my story

Ctown3715

So the one year anniversary of the break up just passed and this is where I am. A short recap: Dated this girl from 18 months and she left me for her current boyfriend. I was 22 and she was 21 and her new boyfriend is in his 30’s. I was graduating college and she still had 2 years left and found someone who wasn’t leaving (AKA her neighbor) and left me for him. Also my friends were her only friends but most of them ditched her after she dumped me for another guy. For the first few months of the BU we would contact each other sporadically but get into fights. She blocked my phone and facebook on numerous occasions. She tried to cut me out of her life and treated me like I was the worst thing in the world to her. Basically she did a total 180 when she dumped me. The last time we spoke, She contacted me and picked a fight and then threaten me with a restraining order I contact her again. I don’t know why considering she contacted me.

So I have not seen her in 11 months, and have not spoken to her in 7 months (Hence NC). Ive noticed randomly she unblocked my facebook after 3 months of NC and blocked me a few weeks later. She randomly texts my best friends (who I have known for 20 years and she has only known for 2). My friend has not seen her in about 2 years but they were close (not anymore). She randomly tries to facebook friend my friends again because she has no one else. My roommate’s gf is still good friends with my ex and she went out to dinner with my ex and her new bf. Apparently my ex asked my roommates gf about me and how I am doing in front of her bf (the one she left me for). My roommates gf said it was an awkward situation for my ex’s bf because he was sitting right there. So who knows why my ex randomly blocks and unblocks my facebook, talks to my friends randomly (every few months) and asks about me. Her birthday just came up and I decided NOT to say happy birthday to her because I’m in NC (plus she told me to never contact her again). As a result, she did not tell me happy birthday, but o well.

Since the breakup, I’ve become closer to my friends and family. My brother came out and told me he has a boyfriend. I’m happy for him. I decided to focus my efforts on my school work and passed my state engineering licensing exam and found an amazing engineering job in my states capital. I’ve gone on vacations all over and I’m having fun (not bad for a 23 year old lol). I decided to improve myself after the breakup and I have. So I guess NC did what it was supposed to do and that was calm my emotions and work on myself.

I cannot say what my ex is doing because I do not want to know. According to my friends (who randomly tell me this info), my ex has gone into her partying stages and now has tattoos and possibly does drugs. Her boyfriend is in his 30s and lost his job as a waiter/bartender. So I guess NC actually cleared my mind and showed me what a mess my ex is and has become. Yes I still miss her and think about her daily but it will fade as people say. I just wish she would leave my life entirely because she is still snooping around asking questions and talking to my friends. So Thank you guys for your words of wisdom.

I think you need to ask your friends not to share info about her. I don't think you would think about her as much if you didn't know about and contemplate what she's doing.

Yea I'm going to ask them to stop talking about her. One would talk about her as a friend and another will message me at 4am saying she's trying to friend him on facebook. I've come to conclusion the less I know the better. I do have a feeling somewhere down the line she will contact me. But it's her loss.

Archived