Need advice on confusing work relationship.

iHomey

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I've been with my current company for only about a year now. I told myself I'm not gonna get involved into any work related romance or flirting, since I had a history of getting into trouble before and nothing really good ever comes out of it.

Lately though, my relationship between the team leader in my department is kind of escalating. And I feel that there's some kind of tension between us. I don't really know if I'm just misreading things. But recently since finding out that I'm being transferred out of her department, shes started to get really intimate and clingy towards me. She would give me work I don't normally do, and ones that requires her to always come over and check on me. Wherever she finds me idling, she would come up close and chat me up. Sometimes she would call me to walk with her to "get something, somewhere" and we end up walking around close to each other talking or joking around. She now suggests and plans things to do afterwork even if its a group activity. The guys in our department are usually the ones that plans afterwork activities.

Yesterday we had our company's friendly lunch. She knew I wasn't planning on participating and I was already 1 day behind of the payment deadline. But somehow during the day, one of the social committee personnel came to get my money and I got an order in. She even bothered coming up to me just to make sure and asked me if I paid already. She looked away while saying "Not that I care" I could've sworn I saw her blush. People have been looking and noticing too. We've been getting some awkward glances and smiles. One time, another lead-hand from a different department actually cut us off while we were chatting and pulled her away. While they were walking away I can hear him saying "You... I know you know what I'm going to say so don't beat me up. But people are talking..". They were both playing it as a joke so they laughed and carried on.

What to make about all of this? Is this a line I shouldn't cross and stay out of??

If you've gotten in trouble for this before and nothing good has come from similar past situations, I'd nix the idea. Actually I would never "sh** where I eat" anyways b/c in this economy I wouldn't jeopardize my job for almost anything....or make it a miserable place to be.

It was 2 years ago I got in trouble for flirting with a female employee (talking about a different company)They changed my shift then eventually I got fed up on the way I was being treated so I left.

The situation I'm in now is confusing to me because I'm not sure if she's only behaving like that from finding out that I'm leaving her department and moving into a different location.. She's a year and a half older than me (26). I've known her for about 6 months now. We get along so well and our department/team thrives off of it. I helped create this fun-happy work environment and some of our team members actually mentioned that they look forward to coming to work sometimes. Now that they found out I'm leaving they're all kind of bummed out.

And for the past couple of days my relationship with my team leader feels like its getting a lot more intimate. If I think she's thinking about me.. just as much as I'm thinking about her.. could this lead to us starting to fall for each other?

And here's another thing. We both don't talk about our love life because I know for a fact that she ended a bad divorce of an arranged marriage a couple of years back. And her best friend told me that she's been very cautious around men ever since. She also believes I'm still with my ex, or still seeing someone else. But I haven't told her I've been single for about 5 months now and actually went through depression along the way. So.. love life and romance is something that we never bring up or talk about.

It was 2 years ago I got in trouble for flirting with a female employee

You'd think you would have learned your lesson.

The situation I'm in now is confusing to me because I'm not sure if she's only behaving like that from finding out that I'm leaving her department and moving into a different location.

Who cares?

Do what women do and just keep mentioning your "girlfriend".

Archived