She told me to never talk to her again

Redrawn

I was with this girl, I loved her and she said she loved me. We were together two and half years when I noticed she was acting a little distant towards me. Then out of the blue after an argument one day she tells me she wants to be with the guy in her carpool. So she left me for him, and he left his wife and baby for her. Then she got so cold towards me, and I admit I was angry at first and said some nasty things but I did apologize after a few weeks but she out right told me to never talk to her again, then she shut me out of her life. That's been months now and I no longer know how or what she is doing but I still love her and it takes all my control not to text her. Why does it hurt so much. I keep clinging to the idea that one day she will reach out to me.

Why would you want her to reach out to you? She left you for someone else and even if she did reach out it will be because her new relationship has ended.

She obviously is not the girl you thought she was. You need to accept that she is not the type of person you want to be with because who wants to be with someone who leaves you for someone else!

We were together two and half years

Then out of the blue after an argument one day she tells me she wants to be with the guy in her carpool. So she left me for him, and he left his wife and baby for her.

I keep clinging to the idea that one day she will reach out to me.

It hurts because you were together for two and half years and because you didn't see it coming. It also hurts because you keep clinging to hope. You need to let go of hope and accept that it is over. Your relationship was not healthy or this wouldn't have happened. At the very least you two lacked healthy communication and she lacked honesty. Moving on from a long term relationship doesn't happen in a day. It's like trying to quit drugs. Each person take their own time so do not stress about feeling bad. Take your life one day at a time and eventually you will heal but you need to focus on the present and make it as interesting as possible. Set some personal goals that have nothing to do with her and focus all your energy on achieving them whether it is work, volunteering, furthering your education, making new friends or taking up new hobbies.

And take her off the pedestral. Anyone who is selfish enough to cheat and help wreck a family is nobody special. You lost nobody special. Some of the things you told her were probably well-deserved. In any case, it's all in the past now. It's over and you now have the chance to meet someone really special as soon as you heal and make room in your heart for her. Good luck with your healing!

Just keep telling your self if she had loved you for real she wouldn't have been having that affair with the carpool guy emotional physical or otherwise and she left the relationship long before she actually left it. The carpool guy might want you gone too and she could be pleases her new lover feel bad for you and his wife/family. Hope you feel better soon and see her for how she really was, I know it is hard because 2 yrs is along time to love someone.

I try to remember the bad as much as possible, remember hiw selfish she was even when we wet together but then I have bad days where I miss her so bad and just want to see her again. I know I Sshouldnt care about her anymore, but it's hard. I want to totally let go but I struggle. There was a time we were happy. I guess she just wasn't as happy as she said.

I wished her well last text I ever sent but she just replied I had the wrong number. So I will not txt anymore.

If someone told me never to talk to them again, that's exactly what I would do - NEVER talk to them again. I would also make sure to lose all their contact numbers/addresses etc and block them too. I would never give them the satisfaction of having me "chase after them". Never talk to you again? I say done deal.

I'm sorry you're hurting.

She left you for a married guy in her carpool who bailed on his wife and baby for her???? Why on earth would you want to be with someone like that, her moral compass--oh forget it, she doesn't have a moral compass. She left you for a married man with a baby and wife. Think about that okay? People who are worth something, anything, don't do that. You need to up your standards and find someone who doesn't think it's okay to go around breaking up marriages.

Thanks for the advice, it's good to talk about it. I did love her very much, and I know I wasn't always perfect but I always did what I could for her. In the end I wanted more, and she wanted him. Now I no longer see or know anything about her. I'm starting to be ok with that now.

Archived