Today would have been our anniversary, I have been fixated on this day it was always so special to us. We were together 6 years, she left me saying she no longer loved me and met someone else.

Last week her Mom messaged me, it is the first contact we have had since the break up, it was a really sweet message saying I looked happy and she was glad I had good friends to get me through this and she is sad we will probably never see each other again. I replied thanking her for her kindness and wished her the best. Its so sad to break up and lose a second family.

Last week I went on holiday with my friend, I had the best time, focused on myself and the future. Today I am a bit mopey, but I think it is my own fault for building this day up too much in my mind, it is no longer our anniversary as we are no longer together. She hurt my so much and I have had such a tough time getting through it, I feel so much better about myself and for me this is hurdle to get over, to let go of this date and what it meant to us because it nothing now, just any other day. Today is a hard day but overall I think I have plenty more good days than bad.

It is indeed very sad to lose a second family and also several mutual friends. This feeling of unwanted inevitability is frustrating. They take so much from us when it's a long relationship... Anyway good thing you're moving on! When my 9 years anniversary came I made it a "me" day and it helped going through it.

You know what today may be a rough day for you, it is a another hurdle. But after today this day will no longer be meaningful for you, it will be just another day when it comes around next year. Go out do something fun and memorable so that you'll make new memories so that you no longer associate this day with your ex.

Thanks guys. The day actually hasn't turned out to be as bad as I was dreading - and yes hopefully by next year it wont have any meaning to it. Took the advice and had a pamper day, now with tub of chocolate ice cream watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall

can I pull up and park on the rug with my on tub of double chocolate with fudge ice cream?....I so understand my 25th was terrible but at the end of this year, you and I along with others here, will be stronger and in a better place emotionally, than when this year began.

Hey ragamuffin, Hugs ..

I had V day, our would have been 1 year anniversary and my bday all in the same weekend two weeks ago. It was really bad. I can only imagine how you must have felt after all these years.. I sure hope with you that within a year we are both happy again and met another special person that loves us beyond 'superficial' love.

Hugs..

Archived