He seems somehwat interested. Ask him for coffee ?

Sofie

Couple of months back a guy that I have never met but have a lot of mutual friends with added me to Facebook.

He started liking pictures of myself (selfies) and poking me. I responded in kind. He wished me happy holidays and we had few "small talk" chats.

He invited me to a charity event and said that it would be cool to talk to me there. I went with a friend and he seemed busy all night (he was helping with the event organization). He did say hi briefly and said that he will find me later to have a proper chat. That never happened and I eventually went home.

He kept with poking/liking my pictures but never apologized for not finding me to talk like he said. Couple of weeks back he randomly invited me to after work drinks with his work friends (I don't know any of his work friends) so I said another time. This week he invites me again to the after work drinks with his WORK friends. It would feel weird to go and I don't get why he isn't asking me out by himself.

I guess he is not that interested right? I would normally let this go but he is really cute and I want to get to know him better. I also like the vibe he gives off both in person and via Facebook.

I am thinking of responding to his after work drink invite with "Can't make it that day but would you like to have coffee on Friday?"

Is that too forward?

It's not that it's too forward but I don't understand why you don't want to meet his work friends. You'll have an opportunity to see how he interacts with people he knows and from the way he'll treat you in front of them, you'll get a better understanding of whether he's into you or just sees you as another friend.

It sounds to me like some kind of games, I'm sure he could have found 5 minutes at that event to chat with you in person, if he was that interested, and all this poking and liking selfies on FB is so immature.

But if you feel that you must give things a chance with him, you should tell him straight up "listen, I don't know all those people, I barely know you, so I would feel more comfortable if we got the chance to get to know each other a bit first. How about a coffee on Friday?".

Weird. He strikes me as the type that is seeking to create lots of fake "connections". As in bring in additional people to the charity event, to other social events, etc. It doesn't seem like he is particularly interested in you. If he was, he would have found 5 minutes to chat with you at the charity event. There is not that much to do once the event is running that you don't have time to stop and socialize with people.

If you like, you can respond as suggested above and invite him for a one on one coffee or drinks, but don't hold your breath that it will lead to anything.

This guy sounds a little immature to me...

But, if you like him I suggest just writing him a message and say you can't make it to the event but maybe meet up sometime for coffee?

what's the worst that can happen? He never replies ? Who cares! Just go for it - you'll get your answer right away and not have to sit and wonder "is he into me or not?"

Archived