Too forward? (Guys opinion)

Lyons

So I met a guy online and we hit it off. We went on a drinks date a couple of days ago and he said he really liked me, and that he would like to take me out properly, for dinner. I agreed to this and he said he's looking forward to seeing me again.

Since the date we've been texting but he's seemed a bit distant but still jokey. I text him tonight saying "so when is this second date happening " (after some flirty conversation) and I'm worried that I've been too forward? I'm thinking I may just be paranoid

So my question is, how forward is too forward?

Very true, I'm not really that worried, it'd just be nice to get to know him some more. I know that he goes out with his friends on evenings as he is in a house share with people he doesn't really know and he usually texts me after 11pm or in the morning before he goes to work.. If I don't have anything by tomorrow night, I know to move on, it was only one date!

If a guy is into you, then you bringing up the next date will make him happy and he'll be all over that. If he is not interested, then you mentioning the next date didn't change the outcome, as in he is still not interested. Although, personally I think you might have saved yourself some grief in not letting this drag into a text buddy/plan D situation.

If a guy is into you, then you bringing up the next date will make him happy and he'll be all over that. If he is not interested, then you mentioning the next date didn't change the outcome, as in he is still not interested. Although, personally I think you might have saved yourself some grief in not letting this drag into a text buddy/plan D situation.

Totally agree on all points.

I expect a woman to show interest, there is no such thing as too forward - its her showing interest and taking out the guesswork and knocking out the competition. I think what you did is normal - if anything you took the ball and ran with it. Dont let the guy lead all the time - he'll drag you around that way if he plans to serial date.

Unless there was a time/place plan for another date, there is no other date so the only thing I would have done differently is minimized the texting back and forth until he confirmed time and place, perhaps texting "I'm really enjoying chatting with you but I'm too busy to text -look forward to talking in person again".

Archived