I think my dad is the reason why i hate all men.

Mimi18

I never ask my dad for anything even tho we live in the same house. I never ask him for money to buy pads even if i needed it. My mom live in a different country so i cannot her for anything. When i ask my dad for something he always complain that he doesn't have any money so i never ask.

The thing that made me dislike him the most is because i never even ask him for a car and he promise that he would buy me a used one so i was soo happy to hear that. Then he kept bullting me day after day until i finally gave up on the hope of having a car.

What makes me mad the most his that he brought his older son 2 cars because the first one he got him, my brother got in a car accident so he had to get him another one. He payed for my brother plane tickets to go Haiti and gave him 700 dollars to spent. But me he cant even make the effort to buy me a used car. He is building three houses in a different country and two of them are done already. I am not sure why he always complaining about not having money when he have money to build houses in other countries.

Everyday my hatred for him go colder and colder. idk what to do about it.

Aside from the money, how does your dad treat you? Is he loving, caring, supportive? I understand that kids come to expect certain things from their parents, especially certain cultures they expect family to be a support system instead of throwing you out into the world thinking that help, especially monetary is not required. So you being a bit bitter about your father not supporting you monetary wise is completelly understandable. Unfortunately is just seems like he favors your brother over you (wether he means to or not) though i'm sure he loves you both the same, i had to go through something like this when i was younger too.

It appears that you can't depend on your father for money, you're pretty young i presume so just bear with it until you finish college and hopefully find a great paying job i know it sucks not being supported by parents but in the end it forces you to be independent and to not depend on others, that develops strong character and that's a good thing. good luck

Ooooohh.

*backing away slowly from this thread*

Agree. Look you need to learn to stand on your own two feet as a woman and yes, while I agree it's not acceptable for your dad to promise you something then not follow through I do think hating him over it is silly. Go get a job and get your own car. My parents never purchased a car for me and I'm alive and doing just fine. And what he does or doesn't do with your brother might hurt your feelings or maybe he thinks a man should buy you the car instead and that just makes you getting a car you worked for and got with your own effort doubly important.

Archived