Boyfriend moving for job- too old for LDR??

My boyfriend of about 6 months is actively pursuing a job in Southern California. He just hates his job ( we work together just not in the same department) and the city we live in. I'm 30 he is 38, and S.CA is both our hometowns but I don't know if I'm ready to just pick and leave just yet. I've always dreamed of moving back home but dunno if it's the right time for me. Anyway I've been really supportive of him even though inside I'll be truly heartbroken if he leaves. We spend everyday and night together... Just hurts he wants to go. If we try a LDR we'd be about 4 hours away but I'm just worried since the relationship is so new it might not be worth all the pain. He says this all won't happen for a few months but I feel like a job can come up at any time.

Background on him: he's divorced (only married couple months that was 2 years ago) , owns his own home here and has been in our city for about 8 years. I've known him for 2 years and we just begun dating...

I'm ready for something long term and I thought he was too till this came up. He has mention how easy it would for me to get a job in Cali but other than that no discussion of what's to happen if he moves. Any advice?

Your relationship is likely not old enough to handle LD.

Talk to him....see what his thoughts are. But if you are not ready to move to be with him than your relationship has an expiration date.

If you want to continue it and he does as well...stay where you are until you have secured a job.

Your relationship + 2 moves + 2 new jobs is much to young to sustain moving in together while you look for a job...as it could take a while.

Archived