How much time do you spend a week with your significant other?

Johanna81

I'm in a fairly new relationship- started dating in December and officially have been in an exclusive relationship for about a month. I was wondering how many days a week on average do you see your significant other? For us I spend one overnight a week after work and then one overnight on a weekend day whether that be a Friday or Saturday- most likely on Saturdays.

My other question is how do I bring up wanting to spend more time with him without coming accross as needy or clingy?

That is normal for a new relationship.

And you just need to let it develop organically.

Presumably at your age, you both have work, social circles, family commitments, etc. This isn't like college dating when you see each other every day.

I am in an almost 5 year relationship, and that same dynamic played out for 1-2 years....slowly turned into whole weekend, and a day during the week.

At this point, where we have reached the "knowledge" that we will be together for life --- we spend 4-5 nights together.

However, we both own our own homes, our own businesses...etc.

I would not bring up spending more time at this point --- you have been dating 2 months.

I do think you're right- I think I'm just used to other relationships where you'd spend one mid-week night and either Friday night and Saturday night or Saturday night and Sunday night together- I'm not really used to spending Saturday afternoon and into whenever you get up on Sunday and that person leaving or feeling like I should leave within an hour or two of waking up. I suppose that's part of having a grown-up relationship where people have things to do.

Yup --- it is. Even now, my bf often works a half day on Sat.

I leave after breakfast or lunch, go home -- run errands, exercise --- and we get back together in the evening.

Sun we often sleep in, go out and run joint errands and grab lunch out -- -and he will head home for a nap while I head to the gym.

There are weeks when we see each other mid week, and weeks when we don't. It is "structured" around our separate lives, as well as our joint "free time".

And there is an old song where a lyric is "time on my hands could be time spent with you"....which is rubbish! Time on "MY" hands --- is time I need to occupy,

not expect that each others' free time will all be spent together.

And there is an old song where a lyric is "time on my hands could be time spent with you"....which is rubbish! Time on "MY" hands --- is time I need to occupy,

not expect that each others' free time will all be spent together.

Easy, that song is very near and dear to me and my wife as we started off in a LDR. When you are in a long distance relationship (which is what the song is referring to) its not rubbish

You're right!!! I remember the song -- and remember thinking it was so true at the time --- and I was in a long distance relationship!!

I stand corrected.

However, (yes, but)....in a new relationship that is NOT long distance --- there needs to be space. In order to enjoy the "dance".

Archived