Why is he now ignoring me?

annie-47

I mean it's one thing if you go on one date and he realizes that he just doesn't like you, that's the whole point of getting to know one another - but this guy that I was seeing for a week or so said he really really liked me and it was pretty obvious that he did too, and I felt the same. He kissed me on the cheek, we've cuddled and held hands. All of a sudden he completely stops texting/talking to me and avoids hanging out.

He told me the last time we hung out that he's not quite sure he wants a relationship but he still likes me - but now I realize that he just doesn't want a relationship with ME. I saw him on the dating site that we sort of met on (we also know each other from a church group) and he was online and everything... So obviously the whole "not wanting a relationship" thing is untrue.

This isn't the first time it's happened to me. I made sure he knew I was interested in him, I texted him and such, though when he ignored my texts I backed off and left him alone... So I don't know...? I don't get it. He was just about as great of a guy as it can get and he still is capable of hurting my feelings... I was beginning to really like him and feel like I had a future with him. It wouldn't hurt so bad if he hadn't seriously lead me on...

How did he lead you on? He told you he didn't want a relationship (with you) but liked you. It was only a week. He didn't lead you on.

In dating there are a lot of guys who can be very affectionate without wanting more. They enjoy the physical but it doesn't mean more than that.

A week is a very short time and people are entitled to change their minds. It's not something a person can really help when it just happens. It's all part of the process of finding the right person. I think you might have taken it too seriously, which I know is hard to do when you really like someone, but don't get too emotionally invested till you've been with someone a while.

Umm, He definitely lead me on by telling me repeatedly that he really liked me and wants to keep hanging out.....

Totally agree with you here. I can't fathom telling someone that I really like them and that I want to continue seeing them, if I didn't actually want to. I do feel he lead you on to a certain extent. Be glad it was only for a week. It still sucks though - why do some people do this!?

Totally agree with you here. I can't fathom telling someone that I really like them and that I want to continue seeing them, if I didn't actually want to. I do feel he lead you on to a certain extent. Be glad it was only for a week. It still sucks though - why do some people do this!?

It's changing your mind, which is normal so early on.

Archived