how long does NC usually take before I know for certain he will never contact me

SeaBisquit

Hello, broke up about a week and twice he texted me " may you find happiness in your life and be blessed with everything you do." I never answered back. I stayed no contact but really what's his point of saying that? I kinda felt like he was looking for a response so he could talk to me.

I've had contacts after a year.

Don't bank on it - and sadly, it's often just when you've really made progress moving on you get a call out of a clear blue sky to stir up all those mixed emotions again.

His point - probably making himself feel better, soothing any feelings of guilt he may have. And of course, he's used to contacting you, so it's a convenient excuse and makes him feel better.

Definitely nothing to pin hope on - keep your head up there!

It sounds like he wants to make himself look/feel like the "good guy" by giving you good wishes -- so that he can say he left things on "good terms with you." Perhaps he's hoping you'll respond and validate what a great guy he is by thanking him or something. Yuck. All about his ego.

In answer to your question: You can never be sure you'll "never" hear from him again. I had an ex contact me NINE years after he broke things off with me. He wanted to see me again, and I told him no. During that nine years, I had not heard from him once. So, you can never be sure you'll *never* hear from him again, but if a couple months go by and you don't hear anything, you can be reasonably certai you won't hear from him for awhile, at least, because he's moved on.

I've had exes contact me after years of NC and one or two I've never heard from again in decades. My last ex still periodically pops up and I just wish he would go.away.

The point is if your ex wants to reconcile with you and give it a second shot they'll just say that, and usually in person after they seek you out. And if they do, don't make my mistake and take them back and be afraid to never address why you broke up in the first place or it's going to happen again. The text he sent you though is purely him being the good guy and wishing you well, nothing more. I know how easy it is to want to read more into their texts, but hidden messages and meanings are only there to the degree you want them to be. He did that to alleviate his own bad feelings, not to get back with you.

Well i just thought it strange because i left him and he knew i wasn't coming back..so i thought what was the point of contacting me un the first place. I fear running into him some day and since we have broken up he is trying his best to become close to one of my friends..so I'm hoping i don't have any future problems with him.

If a Chihuahua nips at your pant leg and you kick him away, he will come back because he elicited a response.

If you let a Chihuahua nip on your pant leg and do nothing, he will eventually think "this is boring" and move on.

Truth is that no one knows. Just stick to what you need to do to heal and the rest will take care of themselves

Archived