"My Skinny Summer" Weight Loss Journey

Tanzi

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THe bloat is crazy! Its like I keep gaining and nothing fits. I have no idea why!

I made green juice last night before we went out for dinner, and I made some this morning--enough for breakfast and a snack-- and a salad of romaine, chicken, apple, and broccoli, with a homemade mayo curry dressing.

For the last week or so my abdomen has just felt bloated and large, no matter what cleansing foods I eat or crunches/situps I do. It's getting really frustrating because all my my smaller bottoms and tops that fit perfectly a month ago now feel uncomfortable. Maybe it's time to start tracking again...

I am used to my smaller body now, so I no longer feel fabulous. How frustrating! That said, I’m focusing on nutrition to keep the bloat down. Husband and I made the mistake of buying chips and this really yummy yogurt dip. We ate a ton of it last night. We had green juice and chips...basically. I made us a green juice this morning and I am going to make another one in a little bit. My colon needs a good cleanse, I can tell.

It’s a bit of an Indian summer here, so planning to hop on my bike and have an adventure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was never fat but I was definitely at a weight that I wasn't comfortable with and it was really starting to affect my self esteem. Back in September I had a month off work and I'm somebody who can get quite down in the dumps when I'm sitting around doing nothing so I decided I'd join the gym and do something productive with my time off. I can put my hand on my heart and say it was the best decision I ever made. Not only did I lose weight and tone up from it but it made such a difference to my mental health! It was tough at the beginning, I've always had a serious sweet tooth so eating healthy has never been something I enjoy or found easy! I had such a horrendous diet beforehand, always getting take away and couldn't walk past a shop without going in and buying a chocolate bar. I still have my treats, but I give myself one day a week where I can have a cheat meal rather than having one every night of the week! A usual day of eating for me now would include; breakfast: porridge, blueberries, banana and almond milk. Lunch: wholemeal wrap with chicken, tzatiki, lettuce, and cucumber. And an orange. Dinner: salmon and sweet potatoes. Snacks throughout the day: almond butter on oatcakes/rice cakes with banana. I'm training for a 10k at the moment so running 3 times a week and do one 45 min kettlebell class a week (it's amazing!!), one 30 min abs and ass class a week (I do one of my runs on the same day as this class) and then I try to do my gym programme twice a week (incorporating my running into it when i can but i also do a HIIT crosstraining programme sometimes to change things up a bit) Seriously if I can do it anyone can, it takes hard work and it's certainly not easy but my god is it worth it, I've never felt so confident and happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through the entire thread. You're all an inspiration. Loved reading about your successes, tips, recipes, setbacks and unwavering support of one other.

Any chance the original posters can check in with updates? I am in the midst of my own weight loss journey and would love to hear how you're all doing.

Just read through the entire thread. You're all an inspiration. Loved reading about your successes, tips, recipes, setbacks and unwavering support of one other.

Any chance the original posters can check in with updates? I am in the midst of my own weight loss journey and would love to hear how you're all doing.

It was a very helpful and inspirational thread. So many people shared so much.

I, for one, went on to lose over 14lbs - though my goal was to lose more. Over Christmas some of that crept back on but I am currently back on a diet. Hopefully I'm on my way to an even skinnier 2015 summer!

Because food tastes good!

And in my case, because my bf is a chef ---- and his idea of diet food is anything but!!!!

Oh crap!! Lucky in some ways but maybe not in others!! Overall, though, I would say "lucky, lucky you!!"

Was going to make a thread but this should be easier.

Never been overweight but sometime second half of last year got into the whole sedentary lifestyle of corporate work then eating takeaways/unhealthy foods at lunch then coming home and having dinner at 9pm+.

It occurred to me 2 wks ago that I was beginning to look...Flabby. That and the fact the bf does martial arts/kickboxing and yoga made me realise he was so much more fit, and I needed to change.

Old weight-always wavered around 115-118

Height-5'7

Was pretty active so was in good shape.

12 days ago-127-8

I've changed my diet the past 10 days and have started a new exercise regimen.

Cutting out junk food, reducing carbs, replacing snacks with fruit, drinking more fluids. Replacing sugar with a bit of honey, portion control. Eating 1200 calories max a day (though normally more like 1000 nowadays). Eating lots of veges, especially broccoli (which I'm really not a fan of).

No more eating passed 6pm.

Yesterday had a mad craving for chips, made myself a large salad instead lol. I was pretty proud.

Been exercising, doing cardio/interval training and yoga/pilates for at least an hour a day.

Already feel body's tighter and I can see definition in my abdominal area. Legs are getting more defined as well and my stamina's increasing.

Will weigh myself every 3 days.

Since I'm not petite nor have a small bone structure, my goal of getting to 110 probably isn't going to happen, however I'm aiming for 115 in 6 weeks or less.

Been logging in my food intake for the past 8 days on Fitnesspal. It's really helping.

Seeing my addiction to all things heart attack inducing...I'm giving myself a cheat meal every 2 weeks.

So 11 days into this, i just weighed myself.

I'm now 56kg - 123.45 lbs! Starting weight was 58kg-127.86

Yesterday afternoon I had a craving for chips again. I instead made a vege soup of tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach/lettuce/kale/onions.

I'm getting better at resisting temptation lol.

I also measured my waist area. I've lost half an inch there.

Well done Hazyillusions. It sounds as though you are focused.

I never quite got to my goal weight(though I knew it was unlikely that I would) and a few pounds have crept back on since. Not too much though and I seem to be able to maintain my weight but I would nevertheless like to lose some more for this summer too. ( Can't believe it was well over a year ago that I started this thread.) So feel feel to keep on posting as I'm sure it will inspire others as well as me!

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks so I'm not sure it's worth me worrying too much until I come back ... but when I do I am going to need to step it up some.

Im back again as well. I am now the heaviest I've been in over 10 years.

147lbs at 5'4. My goal weight is not that far off. I am very comfortabe when i get anywhere under 140...so I've set 138 as my ultimate goal and given myself 5 weeks.

I think its realistic as the last few pounds i horsed on from some major overindulgence so it should come off fast. I'm not calorie counting or tracking as I've done in the past. I've given up bread, crackers and chocolate and am being more conscious of amounts.I'm making an effort to drink water and have fruit everyday.

Have put my goals per week up on my bedroom wall and this gets me motivated in the morning.

Will reward myself with some lovely new clothes once I reach my goal.

Bread is my downfall too. That and pasta. Just by cutting some of these things out we can make a difference almost immediately.

Well I've lost a couple of pounds since my last post. I'm not sure how to be honest but, nevertheless, I'm almost back to the point I was before I started putting the weight on again. Still with a 2 week holiday to Disney looming I think I'm going to need to throw myself back into a diet BIG TIME when I get back. If anyone has some tips on how not to over eat when surrounded food I would be most grateful. Maybe all the walking will help to burn most of the extra calories off (though I am going to try to be careful).

Archived