Did I make a mistake?

lonely92

My ex broke up with me in the summer. He sent me a text saying he regretted it two months later so I suggested a break. During this time, we continued to act like a couple but he still did not want a relationship. I decided enough was enough and stopped contacting him without warning. He went on vacation during this period, it was perfect. Then a few weeks ago, he contacted me saying "hi, how are you"... I did not respond but I love him. Did I make a mistake?

Block and delete him so that you don't second guess yourself. He still didn't want a relationship. That's all you need to know to chuck this chuckler for good so that you can get to the stage of indifference to him as quickly as possible. Don't let him hoover you back in for more non-commitment. You've been there, done that. Don't keep doing the same thing with him and expecting different results. You deserve better then what he's willing to give you.

Be strong, you did the right thing.

Block and delete him so that you don't second guess yourself. He still didn't want a relationship. That's all you need to know to chuck this chuckler for good so that you can get to the stage of indifference to him as quickly as possible. Don't let him hoover you back in for more non-commitment. You've been there, done that. Don't keep doing the same thing with him and expecting different results. You deserve better then what he's willing to give you.

Be strong, you did the right thing.

Thank you, I hope you're right. I don't understand exes that try to keep in touch.

You did the right thing, it might not feel like it but if he doesn't want a relationship then there's not much you can do to change his mind. If he realized he made a mistake and eventually comes to you saying he wants to get back together for good, then maybe consider it if that's what you want but other then that keep up with the NC. Goodluck!

• 1 month later...

It's time to block him so he can't keep sending you these breadcrumbs. That means blocking him on your phone -- on Facebook -- however he's reaching you, it's time to close that door.

He doesn't want a relationship with you -- and unless and until he ever tells you that he DOES, you don't need to be in contact with him.

He wants you as a Plan B -- or a FWB. Is that what YOU want?

Archived