I was having a wonderful birthday with my parents and friends, but I started to think of how I would love to have spent my birthday with my ex. I would have loved to spend my birthday with a woman that I loved. I am much healthier without her, and I feel that I can live without her, but I just feel that I want to hold someone that I care about that deeply, that tenderly. I am a romantic. When I fall in love, I fall hard and deeply. Strangely enough, I was slightly hoping that my ex would have called or sent me a text saying happy birthday, but it is for the best that she didn't.

I want my 20th birthday to be the first step of the new chapter of my life. I want to develop myself into a happier and healthier me. I want to love myself, and I will take the steps necessary to achieve this goal. I know I will still have bad days, but I want to move on not to get over her, but to love myself and know that there will be someone who truly appreciates me and will not leave when times get tough especially when I was willing to make the relationship work no matter what, I would have moved mountains for her. I believe it is time for me to truly move on, to become the person I want to become.

I would love for someone to give me advice, just someone to pick up my spirit. Thank you.

I felt exactly the same when it came to my birthday last September. I'm 22 now. I admire your outlook and desire to continue towards a brighter future. Just continue to talk to family and friends to reassure you duringvthe bad days. As for me, I've accepted that I'll always miss him and love him. You are doing great so far.

Archived