Is this what freedom feels like...?

So it's been 4 months since she broke up with me. We dated 3 years. 4 months NC.

In the last 2 weeks, my chest feels extremely light. It doesn't hurt anymore. She's not part of my entire day anymore. I do think about her, but not as much as before... I'm not yet ready to date someone else of course but the thought does not scare me anymore. I can honestly say I don't give a damn what is going on with her right now. I don't want answers anymore and I don't look forward to any kind of contact from her. I can look at girls again and be attracted to them. I'm finally feeling ok with being single and I actually look forward to stay that way for quite sometime.

Is this it? Is this freedom? Am I free from her evil grips or is this just a phase? I'm really scared to go back to that dark place. This feels so good... To be able to laugh again, to sleep again, to eat properly and to actually have fun with my friends.

Am I finally free?

You are moving on … slowly, surely and positively. It's good that you are giving yourself proper time to heal and not throwing yourself back into dating, as many people do. This is the best way …. and now you are seeing the benefits of giving yourself that proper time to heal.

You may have an "off" day … but they are to be expected. Mostly, however, it gets easier from hereon in.

It is quite liberating isn't it.

You are moving on … slowly, surely and positively. It's good that you are giving yourself proper time to heal and not throwing yourself back into dating, as many people do. This is the best way …. and now you are seeing the benefits of giving yourself that proper time to heal.

You may have an "off" day … but they are to be expected. Mostly, however, it gets easier from hereon in.

It is quite liberating isn't it.

This is great! So if you look at your ex Facebook now, would it set you back to find out your ex has someone new? If the answer is I don't feel a thing, then omg!! That's awesome. That is where I want to get to

This is great! So if you look at your ex Facebook now, would it set you back to find out your ex has someone new? If the answer is I don't feel a thing, then omg!! That's awesome. That is where I want to get to

That is where I want to get to also!

Good to hear Twidom! I remember your broke down thread. Have you been doing anything different last weeks?

That's the thing. NO. I did absolutely nothing different... I mean I'm eating better and etc but I've been trying to improve things from the moment she dumped me. My head just snapped and I literally stopped caring about her.

And right when I feel free, she messages me... God I can't believe this.

She sent a message asking "Did it arrive?". I asked why she was sending me a message, to which she replied "I didn't send anything to you, I'm just playing on my phone". This can't be happening Jesus Christ...

And right when I feel free, she messages me... God I can't believe this.

She sent a message asking "Did it arrive?". I asked why she was sending me a message, to which she replied "I didn't send anything to you, I'm just playing on my phone". This can't be happening Jesus Christ...

wow, she sounds like s teenager! Why are you with this person again? What was so great about them? After breaking up and this is the most mature response that she sent you?

wow, she sounds like s teenager! Why are you with this person again? What was so great about them? After breaking up and this is the most mature response that she sent you?

She broke with me 4 months ago and I went NC right away. She just sent this message... Maybe she's after some ego boost I don't know. I could feel my heart pumping in my chest at the time but now I'm ok again.

I guess it does happen. They come back to bother you when you're almost over them. I'm fine now.

Hey I just posted something today that kind of relates to this so I wanted to ask you: before you felt this way, did it get a worse for you? i ask because i had been doing pretty good in my recovery but the past 2 weeks have been a long set back and i was feeling very close to completely moving on.

thanks.

Yes deejay. I was having a pretty rough month and then boom, I'm good.

Ok, good to know. Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping only a few more weeks of this. My goal is to go a whole day w/o thinking about her in some way and if/when I do, it's just another thought with no emotions or feelings behind them.

Yes deejay. I was having a pretty rough month and then boom, I'm good.

I have been NC for 1.5 month and I just kept doing the same thing everyday. The first week of NC, I went nuclear, destroyed every piece of memory haha!

I have been doing this everyday since day 1 of NC. 8 in morning, exercise 30 minutes, work, steam room, sometimes video games, talking to family and friends on and off throughout the day, sleep, no problem falling asleep because the steam room helps me sleep. Waking up in the morning is painful, I.would just lie there for 2 hours and miss him, then by 8am, repeat the day.

I dare to say that I no longer lie in bed and think about him for two hours in the morning everyday, still do but less. And I also dare to say I am ok if he finds something new BUT I am not healed because of the following questions.

If I see him with a new woman, will I be hurt? Yes

If I was to contact him, would I be weak and fall for the same trap? Yes

If I was to look at his Facebook, would I be hurt and nervous? Yes

Until I can answer No to all of the questions above then I am healed! So in the meantime, keep on paying my debt

I think.this is like doing your homework so you can pass the test, the only way to graduate from broken heart school is to keep on doing your homework! And no one likes doing homework! But the result is rewarding! You get to graduate with a degree that's useful for your future relationship!

Wow I am so Asian

Archived