Boyfriend Left me after 2 Years of Dating

dollbutik

Hi, Im new here and I need help!

My boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me 3 days ago just because his boss move him to another city which is a 2 hr flight long. Long story short, we had kind of a long distance relationship being him working in a oil rig, so he works one month in an oil rig and one month off here in the city where he and I live (we dont live together), but he uses his two weeks off to go home to his parents house which is in another country, so we usually meet only 1 or 2 weeks a month. To be honest, he isnt really my type considering hes a nerdy guy, and I rejected him more than twice when he asked to be my bf because I couldnt imagine kissing a guy thats nerdy and has a bad sense of style and also perfume! But he seemed to like me a lot and always nice to me so I thought I wanted to give him a chance and I said yes after 5 times of him asking me to be his gf.

We were very happy in the first 7 months of dating, but the relationship gets deteriorated and he dumped after a year, because he said he doesnt know what he wants in life and doesnt feel the same with me anymore. However in 2 months of no contact he said sorry he hurt me and he said he took me for granted because Im obviously the nicest and sweetest girl hes known being I never hate or get mad at him for hurting and leaving me, he asked to get back together and we did. After we got back together, things were great although not as great as the first 7 months, he bought me a ticket to Europe (with miles) and we were trying to make the relationship as great like the first year. Hes a type of guy who gets anxiety a lot especially when works is tough, and not the type of a guy who likes intense communication and Skype, but I really do like Skype so I can see his face while talking. It drives me crazy if he doesnt say good morning or say hi to me in a day. So I think he might think that Im annoying wanting lots of communication. 3 days ago, out of the blue, his boss email him saying he has to move to another city in 2 days. He dumped me the day he gets an email from his boss without trying to talk it out about doing the long distance relationship because I guess he doesnt have any plans to settle (I avoid asking him about commitment question cause it'll freak him out). He was in tears a little bit when we hugged to say goodbye.

But I have a feeling he will call me back in months and ask to get back and say sorry because he had a nervous breakdown and anxiety about work so he dumped me. I know hes that type of guy.

But do you think I should wait or move on? I know hes not my type of guy but hes a very very nice guy and those 2 years were amazing even though he doesnt like to talk a lot on the phone (girls talk more) and want me to give him a little bit of space. My friends said Im intoxicated of waiting for a guy like him (a nerd) and leaves me twice. But I love him. Please help

Do you love him? Do you LOVE him? Doesn't matter if he's not your type. When you love someone, you LOVE them. My ex was absolutely not my type and I loved her like no other woman.

If you want to be with him then tell him what's going on through your mind and ask for another chance.

You love him and that's that. Plus nerds are awesome. Point taken. Ok let's move on.

Is he working for the mafia? Why does he have move in like 3 days, what kind of a job is this? lol

Looks like you're not his priority, you should not ask for another chance, he broke up with you. He puts his job first, he should put you first. That's a real, mature, growing, advancing, promising relationship. Doesn't sound like you are in one.

Twidom, yes I do love him, but I know he doesnt love me as much as I love him considering he didnt want to even try doing the long distance and he doesnt want to give me hopes of having a future with him, thats why he broke it off? I dont think I can ask him for another chance, he'd see me as clingy and that pushes him even further away.

Jenbrooks, youre right, Im totally not his priority. His priorities are traveling and work, thats about it. He works in an oil rig in the middle of the sea. Looks like I should move on!!! But cant wait till he break NC with me

My question is, he will not live in the same city with me anymore, but is there a chance that he will call me and ask to get back? Because Ive been reading articles that men have different stages of breakup and might regret that he broke it off so fast considering he had anxiety and stress over moving to another city instead of trying the long distance first. I want him back so bad and finding it so hard to move on.

Archived