Does teenage love lasts?

kay kay

My best friend fell in love with me. But i don't believe in love or whatever about that feelings. I'm so focused in my studies that i don't have time for all this and i think teenage love don't lasts because of my past failed relation with the other boy. I don't want to be in a relation again. But my best friend says that maybe one day i'll realise and that time he'll be gone. He says that he'll not talk to me for a while so that his feelings for me wil be gone. Neither i want to end our friendship nor i want to be in a relation. Because relationships always has break ups, which i don't like.

Yes indeed they can. But rarely. My sister and her boyfriend (now fiancé) started dating their junior year of HS. They are both 25 now. He's in medical school while she's working at a University. They are in love. They were lucky to be going to the same college as one another. They're getting married next year.

So to answer your question. Yes it can last. But I'm sure it's A LOT of work.

But the point to be made from the above post is that it clearly did not detract from their studies.

OP's friend who wants to date her clearly does not share her dedication to studying.

I absolutely agree. Studies should ALWAYS come first. Getting into relationships at that age can be fun but dangerous to a student's studies. I remember ending a relationship my Junior year of HS, and it shot my grades in the foot.

Teenage love very, very rarely ever lasts. All of us have that first love, but most go on and have others since love isn't a finite once only thing. Most teenage/first loves don't last forever just the same way a first job or first car or first anything does. Don't sweat it, your academics are very important to your future and this guy may or may not be around. His problem to deal with, not yours and he sounds kind of selfish if he's wanting to just be a distraction and not enhance or help you in your goals and ambitions.

My best friend fell in love with me. But i don't believe in love or whatever about that feelings. I'm so focused in my studies that i don't have time for all this and i think teenage love don't lasts because of my past failed relation with the other boy. I don't want to be in a relation again. But my best friend says that maybe one day i'll realise and that time he'll be gone. He says that he'll not talk to me for a while so that his feelings for me wil be gone. Neither i want to end our friendship nor i want to be in a relation. Because relationships always has break ups, which i don't like.

They can but not often. That, however, isn't really the issue here. If you don't want to be in a relationship then that is perfectly OK. Don't be pushed into anything if it isn't what you want. Stay focused on your studies until you are ready to be in a relationship - with whoever that may be.

They can but it depends on dedication, commitment, and how worthy that person is. If your best friend is all that then regardless of where you go in life you will compare him to others and they won't stand a chance. Similarly if you are all that to him then others won't stand a chance either.

In an arranged marriage situation this happens a lot and the relationship does last even when the two people aren't top shelf material. A guy and a girl like each other as teenagers, get engaged and see other on a limited basis. They may even fall in love but both willingly wait for each other to get through school. Both families support this union and although it's hard the kids get the best of limited dating and coming out of a good school.

So similarly, you can offer him a commitment to a relationship for later provided both of you don't date until that time. You would be done with your studies and be available and then you could try the relationship. But that's what it would take. You would agree to giving him first dibs on you for a later date and he would agree to the same.

Highschool love can last, but there are some that dont. My boyfriend was my highschool love we were together from when I was 14 and him 15 until i was 18 and him 19. I went away for University and that is what caused us to break up - we were still connected during the year I was away (I realized I wanted to be closer to home), but that year and half apart helped up grow individually as people, something you can't do while together. We have been back together since I was 21 and he was 22. We are 25 now, he is everything I wanted from when I was 14 until now and possibly the rest of my life.

It can happen but, you have to want it to happen. If you are not ready to have a relationship then don't. If this best friend knew you at all he would know that you would rather consentrate on your studies and not on a relationship. It almost sounds like he is trying to guilt trip you into a relationship with him which isnt a good thing either. Do you right now and concentrate on what you want to do. Be in a relationship when you are ready to be in one.

Also, I am very much pro-love. Love is something that is a completely amazing thing that NO one can explain and is probably one of the great natural highs of life. It combines so many emotions and it is a great roller coaster ride in life. I know you said you don't believe in love because of a past relationship that didnt last. You may not be ready to be in a relationship right now, but don't give up on love because of one bad past experience, if we all did that we'd live in a very sad world.

Archived