How to go about FWB right

feelfreefloat

I guess I'm just extra cautious because of my knowledge of his past. He told me last night that he was definitely a relationship guy, but there was one reason he didn't want one right now. He could totally be talking out of his a**, but I don't know I'm probably overthinking it. He's just so affectionate and intimate and it confuses me. I can't blame him for doing anything wrong, though, since it was my idea and I only text him when we need to figure out logistical things about when we are going to hang out. He told me he hasn't hooked up with anyone since we started (i told him I wanted him to tell me when/if he does, as I don't want to catch anything).

I don't know.

Well, as far as I can understand it, the only reason you would be confused would be if you were developing feelings and had hope of something else yourself, otherwise I would have thought you would be happily plodding along unscathed by any emotion or confusion.

All that huggy/kissy crap comes natuaral to some guys. Like me, it's just in their nature, they don't mean to send the wrong singles, but we do I was told by my first FWB that we didn't need to cuddle after sex and if I knew that, I didn't know that! I just said "yeaaaaah ok" not wanting to sound like an idiot. It's just in some guys nature to be affectionate

I wouldn't worry about it, if he doesn't want a relationship that is your answer, until/if he changes his mind which in these FWB situations tends to happen and you either split or get into a real relationship. Usually split though

I agree. The kissing and cuddling can come naturally after having sex. You are sharing intimate moments with each other after all.

I suppose I'm just afraid of developing feelings. I don't have them for him right now, but I'm nervous it WILL happen because I do enjoy his company.

Maybe I'm just being too paranoid way too soon

Then you have to ask yourself whether or not this FWB is for you. I suspect that you have already started to develop feelings for him even if you aren't completely aware of them yourself.

I suppose I'm just afraid of developing feelings. I don't have them for him right now, but I'm nervous it WILL happen because I do enjoy his company.

Maybe I'm just being too paranoid way too soon

This happened to a friend of mine. I honestly don't think most people can have sex and affection without feelings getting involved.

I think if you don't want feelings involved you should strictly keep it sex and only that. Don't hang out, don't cuddle, don't share personal things, keep strict boundaries. If he wants more then he isn't the guy you need right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived