Contant Belittling

Jetta

My mom is constantly belittling me and I want to move out but I can't even get a mobile home because I need a permanent job. Apartments are too expensive, especially for a 2 bedroom. I've tried to find a roommate and have had no luck. I'm at my wits end, I'd live in my car if I didn't have to consider my daughter. What can I do? She is plain mean, and hurtful, and on a daily basis I don't need to hear it. My therapist says I'm in an abusive situation that I need to get out of as soon as possible. I'm getting $800 back from taxes, that will be my deposit but I just don't know where to go from here. I need to get out.

Ugh, that sucks, because you do kind of need a two bedroom to give your daughter a room. Have you looked at renting the basement of a house? That could be cheaper than a regular two-bedroom apartment, although I realize the basement would have to have two bedrooms, or at least two rooms that could be used as bedrooms, too..

I would definitely keep my eyes open for a better living arrangement even if that meant renting from different relatives or getting a roommate who also has a child/is in a similar situation. I would do my best to figure out the financial aspect so that I could make that happen for my and my daughter's emotional well-being. As a single mom I do get how hard it is and hope that you're able to get yourself out of that toxic situation soon.

*Hugs*

Archived